Hey guys! I hope you are having a great summer. It’s hard to believe that we’re already half way through the school break. In AZ, the kids are back in school at the end of this month, so the 4th is always my wake up call to get the summer bucket list done and start getting prepped for a new school year. Baking, in several varieties, is always on my to do list, so when we saw these Lemon Cupcakes, we knew we had to try them.
I have always loved lemon, and who doesn’t love a good cupcake, right?! The cupcakes were a cinch to put together and had the perfect lemon flavor, without being too tart. And we really loved how the lemon cream frosting turned out. Doesn’t it look scrumptious?
The batter alone was delicious and we found ourselves licking the bowl wayyyy too often. They baked to perfection and we were so glad we gave them a try – SOO good!
Sometimes a sweet, fluffy cupcake is the best treat you can enjoy!! And in the summer time, a delicious lemon cupcake is even better. Although the batter of this recipe was amazing, we still thinking the creamy, fluffy lemon icing was the best. Top it off with a little lemon zest and it’s PERFECTION!!!
Be sure to give these beauties and go let me know what you think. 😉
For more great cupcakes, check out:
How to make Lemon Cupcakes:
- 3 cups cake flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TB lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 2½ TB fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups chilled heavy cream
- ¾ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1½ TB fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line 30 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.
- Sift flour and salt together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla extract and 2 TB lemon zest.
- In 2 parts, gently beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with half the milk and half the lemon juice after each flour addition. Beat until just combined; do not over mix.
- Fill 30 cupcake liners ¾ full with batter, and bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes. Cool cupcakes in the pans about 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a rack.
- For Icing: In a chilled bowl, beat the cream with an electric mixer on low until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar and lemon juice, a little at a time until incorporated. Increase mixer speed to high, and beat an additional 5 minutes, until icing forms soft peaks. Spread on cooled cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Someone loves the cupcakes!! 😉