These Chewy Sugar Cookies are SO yummy! A hint of almond extract and a drizzle of glaze makes these cookies irresistible!
Well, a few weeks back things were quite crazy at my house. I had just had Wesley (baby #4) and we were busy packing up getting ready to head to Texas. Things were pretty hectic and life was in no means normal. We were living off a lot of fast food and I was anxious to move and get semi-settled. My mom was also anxious to get as much grandkid time in before we left and offered to babysit so the hubby and I could go out on a date to see Iron Man 3 (BEST movie ever, by the way!!) I was SO grateful!! She came and brought sugar cookies with her (I was even MORE grateful for those!)
Now, if you’ve followed this blog for awhile you know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sugar Cookies! And I LOVE Sugar Cookies with almond extract the best. In my books, it’s actually essential for good sugar cookies. 😉 The sugar cookies my mom brought had almond extract and were so good!! If you are up for trying a new Sugar Cookies recipe, then you need to try these ones cuz they were chewy, soft and delish!
These come from Big Mamas Home Kitchen and are called Chewy Sugar Cookies. We drizzled the frosting and sprinkles on them and they turned out perfect!!
For more sugar cookie recipes, check out:
Chewy Sugar Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened (not melted)
- 2 tbsp butter flavored shortening
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In your mixer, cream sugar, butter, shortening, and salt until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, corn syrup, vanilla and almond extract and beat until well mixed.
In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to wet ingredients.
- Scoop (I use the cookie scoop tool) and roll into balls. Pat down balls a bit. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool until warm.
- Make almond frosting: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, ½ tsp. almond extract and a few tablespoons of milk (until it's the consistency you want).
- Drizzle frosting over warm cookies. Add sprinkles if desired.