Flourless chocolate cookies are fudgy, chewy, full of chocolate, and naturally gluten free. They taste somewhere in between a cookie and a brownie, and are perfect for chocolate lovers.
Today I’m sharing this easy recipe for flourless chocolate cookies. The recipe uses simple, everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. And the cookies turn out super chocolate-y with delicious crinkly tops and fudgy, slightly gooey centers.
I absolutely love double chocolate cookies. So I wanted to try making a flourless chocolate chip cookie recipe. But to be totally honest – I’m not very experienced with gluten free baking. So I was so happy to find this easy recipe. Plus – there’s no fancy ingredients needed. So you definitely won’t have to visit a specialty grocery store.
How to Make Chocolate Flourless Cookies
For these flourless chocolate cookies, there’s only a few ingredients needed:
- powdered sugar
- cocoa powder
- egg whites
- vanilla extract
- and chocolate chips
In a large bowl first whisk together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Then whisk or stir in the egg whites and vanilla extract. The batter will get quite sticky like glue because of the egg whites and look shiny once everything is mixed in. Because the batter is sticky it takes a little arm muscle to mix things together.
Then stir in the chocolate chips.
Because the batter is sticky, it’s really important to grease the cookie sheets. You can either grease the cookie sheets directly, or line them first and then grease the lining. Then drop the dough onto the cookie sheets in tablespoon sized dollops. I definitely recommend using a cookie scoop to avoid sticky fingers 🙂
Let the cookies rest on the cookie sheets for 30 minutes, then bake in the preheated oven. If you don’t have time to let them rest for a full 30 minutes – even 10 minutes helps to minimize spreading.
We loved the crackly tops, gooey centers and rich chocolate flavor of these flourless brownie cookies. They remind me a little of a brownie in cookie form, and are the perfect cookie if you love a double dose of chocolate.
It’s hard to deny a delicious chocolate cookie that is practically part cookie/part brownie, so give these a try and let us know what you think. 😉
For more chocolate cookies, be sure to check out:
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cake M&M Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Gooey Chocolate Rolo Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Flourless Chocolate Cookies recipe
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large egg whites , discard the yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Lightly grease cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line sheets with parchment and then lightly grease. (Greasing is necessary even with parchment paper so that the cookies don't stick).
- In a large bowl sift together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg whites.
- Stir the egg whites and vanilla extract into the dry ingredients. It will get sticky like glue.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the batter into tablespoon sized balls on the greased cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart. I like to use a cookie scoop for this.
- Allow to sit on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees as the cookies are resting.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until the tops look crackly.