Crispy crunchy cookies filled with peanut butter, marshmallows, and chocolate chips! These are no-bake and such a fun recipe to try with kids.
We love no bake goodies – and especially when they’re cookies! For more favorites check out our no bake cookies and peanut butter no bake cookies!
No Bake and So Good!
Looking for a quick and easy cookie idea?
These avalanche cookies are your answer. We know it’s hot out there so that’s why we love these cookies, especially for summer. No need to turn on your oven and heat up your whole house to make these no-bake cookies. Just mix and let them harden on their own.
My kids love to get involved in this recipe with me. Lots of stirring and mixing that they can do all on their own. There are also many yummy flavors in these cookies – chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, Rice Krispie cereal, and marshmallows! Irresistible!
How to Make Avalanche Cookies
Avalanche cookies are a cinch to make!
Start by preparing a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. In a large bowl mix together Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows. Set that bowl aside.
In a small saucepan, melt the white chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat. Stir this mixture constantly. Once it’s all melted together, pour over the Rice Krispie mixture. Mix everything together.
Use a large cookie scoop to drop the mixture onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle the cookies with mini-chocolate chips, if desired. Let them sit until they are firm and enjoy!
- Use ¼ cup Crunchy Peanut Butter and ¼ cup smooth peanut butter to easily incorporate chopped nuts.
- We don’t recommend using Natural Peanut Butter in this recipe.
- Be sure to add mini chocolate chips or other sprinkles, before the cookies set otherwise they won’t stick.
- You can use vanilla candy bark or even milk chocolate chips instead of White chocolate chips.
- To help the cookies set more quickly put them in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes.
FAQ + STORING
Gluten free? Not all Rice Krispies are gluten free so be sure you buy the right kind. You can also use plain Rice Chex. For smaller pieces briefly chop the Chex in a food processor before mixing up the cookies.
Peanut Allergy? Try using Biscoff/Cookie Butter spread or Sunbutter for those with tree nut allergies and peanut allergy. Almond butter or nutella can also work for people with only a peanut allergy.
Can I use regular sized marshmallows? Unlike rice krispie treats the marshmallows are not melted. You want to disperse the mini marshmallows throughout the cookie mix. If all you have in your cupboard is regular sized marshmallows, you can still make this delicious treat. Grab 7-8 regular sized marshmallows and some kitchen scissors. Cut each marshmallow into about 8-10 pieces and stir them into the mixture. (1 c mini marshmallows equals 7-8 regular sized marshmallows)
How to Store? Once the cookies have set and are completely cooled store them in an airtight container for about 5 days. You can also keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more no bake cookies + Treats, check out:
- No Bake Cookies
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
- No Bake Butterscotch Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Strawberry Shortcake
- No Bake Snickers Cheesecake
Avalanche Cookie Recipe
- 2 c Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 c mini marshmallows
- 2 c Hershey's White Chocolate Chips (1 bag)
- 1/2 c Creamy Peanut Butter
- mini chocolate chips optional
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the white chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat. Stir constantly.
- Once melted together, pour over Rice Krispie mixture. Mix well.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop the mixture onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with mini-chocolate chips, if desired.Let sit until firm.