Eggnog is the best holiday drink! It’s creamy, rich, and completely delicious. Make it for all of your holiday parties.
Can we just all agree that homemade eggnog is better than anything you can buy at the store?
Don’t be fooled by those fancy labels, just make it at home with this recipe! It’s crazy simple to whip up. Once you try it, you will be making this recipe for years to come.
Eggnog is a favorite with lots of my family members. We always make it around the holidays, especially in December for Christmas. It’s thick, creamy, and the best treat at the end of a long day of holiday celebrating. Think of it as Christmas in a cup.
What we love most about this recipe is that it takes more like a melted shake than a super egg-y drink. Even the hubby who despises eggnog loved this version – that’s saying something!
How to Make Eggnog
First things first—place a medium sized metal or glass mixing bowl in the fridge to be used later.
EGG WHITES. Then, grab a medium mixing bowl and beat together 6 egg whites until they reach stiff peaks. Fold in the ¾ cups of sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Set this aside.
EGG YOLKS. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the 6 egg yolks. Beat them until they turn a lemon yellow color. Mix in ¼ cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Then mix in the vanilla, salt, milk and nutmeg. Set this aside.
CREAM. Remove the chilled bowl from the fridge and pour in 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Whip everything until fluffy – it will look like cool whip.
COMBINE. Add in the egg white mixture and the whipping cream to the large bowl of the egg yolk and milk. Use a wooden spoon to stir everything together.
We do not recommend storing eggnog for longer than 24 hours. It’s best chilled after a couple of hours. Keep it covered in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can also freeze it in an airtight freezer container, leaving a little room for the liquid to expand when it freezes.
For more recipes with eggnog, check out:
- Place a medium sized metal or glass mixing bowl in the fridge to be used later.
- In a medium mixing bowl Beat together 6 egg whites until stiff. Fold in the 3/4 cups of sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together 6 egg yolks. Beat them until they turn a lemon yellow color. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Then mix in the vanilla, salt, milk and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled bowl from the fridge. Pour in 1 cup heavy whipping cream. Whip until fluffy like cool whip.
- Add the egg white mixture and the Whipping cream to the large bowl of the egg yolk and milk. Use a wooden spoon to stir together.