You guys know how much I love a sweet, non-yeast Bread recipe. They’re my favorite!! Today I’m sharing another one of those great bread recipes. This one is for Eggnog Bread. Yes – it sounds delicious, right?! This morning I shared a recipe for Eggnog Cookies, so I guess you could say I’m on a bit of an Eggnog kick. It’s the holidays. What can I say? I know not everyone loves Eggnog, but if you love hints of nutmeg, butter and delicious-ness, then I know you’ll love this recipe.
As I mentioned above, it doesn’t require yeast which is another HUGE temptation. 😉 Not sure about you but I just haven’t mastered yeast just yet, although I’m hoping to do it very soon. In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy all my non-yeast bread recipes that I love to make now that the weather is cooler.
I really hope you enjoy this delicious recipe. It is perfect to enjoy during the holidays and the glaze on top is incredible. I guess you could call this Eggnog Cake (or pound cake), because that’s what it tastes like.
Who wants a slice? This bread is great to take to neighbors, friends and co-workers during the holiday, especially if you know they already love egg nog. 😉
For more quick bread recipes, check out:
How to make Eggnog Bread:
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups eggnog (not low fat)
- 1 teaspoon Rum extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 (3.4oz) package of instant White chocolate pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 TB eggnog
- ⅛ tsp of ground nutmeg
- Using the paddle attachment in your mixer, mix your eggs, eggnog, rum, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift your flour, pudding mix, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Add to your mixer and blend together. Your butter might be clumpy and that is ok. It will melt as it cooks.
- Pour into greased pan(s). Bake at 350. Mini loaves for about 30 minutes and a regular loaf pan will take about 45-55 minutes.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients and pour over your cooled eggnog bread.
For another great Eggnog recipe be sure to check out these Eggnog Snickerdoodles: