Hello, it’s me – Lily!
I’m here in Arizona with my family. It’s really fun, but I’m leaving back to Texas the day after tomorrow. It’s been really fun here, but the treat today is something we made a few weeks ago in Texas. It’s called Frozen Peppermint Delight! It was delicious!! It has an Oreo crust and a peppermint ice cream filling. You can even drizzle chocolate syrup and candy cane pieces on top. It will be one of the best Christmas treats you will ever taste. I like the peppermint part the most. I even picked off the candy cane pieces from on top and ate those first. 😉
If you love peppermint ice cream and Oreos, you’ll love this! Here’s the recipe:
Frozen Peppermint Delight Recipe
- 1 pacakge Oreos crushed
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 gallon peppermint ice cream slightly softened
- 16 oz whipped topping thawed
- hot fudge ice cream topping
- crushed candy canes
- Combine Oreo crumbs and butter in a large bowl and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9x13.
- Spread ice cream over crust; top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
- Drizzle with hot fudge and crushed candy canes right before serving. ENJOY!
Recipe from Taste of Home.
You can crush the Oreos however you’d like, but I love putting them in the food processor and getting them really fine. It’s perfect for an Oreo crust.
I hope you like this delicious dessert. It’s definitely a keeper AND a good one for Christmas parties since Christmas IS coming up, ya know!?
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more yummy peppermint treats, check out:
Yummmmm! I LOVE peppermint!!
For all recipes go HERE.
For all desserts go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂