Simple and delicious peanut clusters are a chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter treat filled with peanuts!
Easy peanut clusters are perfect for the holidays or to give as gifts to neighbors and friends. They are a perfect addition to any treat spread. For more ideas try Caramel Candy, Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears, and Pretzel Rods.
Peanut + Chocolate
Hey everyone! I’m so excited to be guest posting on Kristyn’s site! My name is Jen and I blog at Elevate Everyday with my good friend Summer.
My husband and I recently moved to a new neighborhood. Everybody has been so nice and our kids have some great friends. I want to thank them for the warm welcome by sharing some of our favorite treats.
These peanut clusters will be on our treat plate for sure. My mom used to make them every year and they are so good.
how to make Peanut Clusters
CHOCOLATE. Start by melting the chips together. Pour the melted chocolate mix into a bowl.
PEANUTS. Add the entire jar of peanuts into the chocolate (I added 1½ jars).
SET. Scoop a spoonful onto parchment paper. Let set, and ENJOY!
Tips + Storing Info
Different ways to melt chips: This is one of the easiest treats to make all you have to do is melt chocolate and mix in peanuts. Many times, when melting chocolate I suggest using a double broiler, but you don’t need to use one of those. You can easily use the microwave or stove top.
- Microwave in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth
- Stove top: in a medium saucepan heat the chips together over medium heat stirring frequently until smooth.
- Homemade double broiler: Place a small pot on the stove and add about 2 inches of water. As the water begins to heat up, rest a heat resistant glass or metal bowl on top. (The rim of the pot should hold the bowl up off the bottom of the pot) Add the chocolate to the bowl. The warm water underneath will heat the chocolate without ever burning it.
The chocolates and Peanuts pair well and make a delicious and pretty treat. To dress them up a bit try one of the following ideas:
- Add mini m&m’s
- Add sprinkles
- Sprinkle sea salt on top
- Drizzle with caramel or white chocolate of the top
- Add mini marshmallows (you may need to reduce the amount of peanuts a little)
- Replace some of the peanut with other nuts like chopped pecans or chopped macadamias
STORE in an airtight container, separating the layers with parchment or wax paper. Store at room temperature for 3-5 days, in the refrigerator for up to a month. FREEZE for about 2 months.
Other Treats to add to a goodie plate:
You can assemble a delicious goodie plate or bag using just these peanut clusters and your neighbors will love you. If you want to give an assortment of treats, then try some of these:
- White chocolate butterscotch cookie
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Gooey Butter Cookies
- M&M Chocolate Bars
- Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies
Peanut Clusters Recipe
- 16 oz cocktail peanuts
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- Start by melting the chips together. Pour the melted chocolate mix into a bowl.
- Add the entire jar of peanuts into the chocolate (I added 1½ jars).
- Scoop a spoonful onto parchment paper. Let set, and ENJOY!
These look SO yummy!! Thanks for the great recipe, Jen. For more great creations from her be sure to go to Elevate Everyday.