Simple and delicious Peanut Clusters are chocolate, butterscotch, and peanut butter treats filled with peanuts!
Easy Peanut Clusters are perfect for the holidays or to give as gifts to neighbors and friends. They are a perfect addition to any treat spread. For more ideas, try Caramel Candy, Chocolate Covered Cinnamon Bears, and Pretzel Rods.
Perfect for Treat Plates
Around Christmas time, it’s common for friends and neighbors to take around plates that have a variety of treats, candies, and bite-sized desserts. It’s one of our favorite holiday traditions!
Homemade Peanut Clusters are the perfect addition to those holiday treat plates because they use very few ingredients (only 4!), they’re super easy to make, and one batch makes PLENTY to share!
You’ll want to make sure you include a batch of Chocolate Peanut Clusters when assembling your holiday gifts this season!
how to make Peanut Clusters
These easy Peanut Clusters are quick, easy, and only use 4 ingredients!!
CHOCOLATE. Start by melting the chips together. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a bowl.
PEANUTS. Add the entire jar of peanuts into the chocolate (I added 1½ jars) and stir.
SET. Scoop a spoonful onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let set, and ENJOY!
Dress them up a bit:
- add mini M&Ms
- add sprinkles
- sprinkle sea salt on top
- drizzle with Caramel or White Chocolate on the top
- add mini marshmallows (you may need to reduce the number of peanuts)
- nuts: replace some of the peanuts with other nuts like roasted peanuts, chopped almonds, cashews, pecans, or macadamias.
Slow cooker directions
This is a great no-fuss way to melt chocolate; it just takes longer. You will need 3 wide-mouth mason jars large enough to hold a bag of chocolate chips. (You can also use heat-resistant glass cups).
- Pour the content of each bag of chips into the separate jars and place them into the crock pot.
- Carefully add hot water to the crock pot so that it reaches halfway up the sides of the jars.
- DO NOT let any water get into the jars or else the chocolate will seize. Do not cover the crock pot with the lid.
- Set the temperature to HIGH heat for about 30 minutes or LOW heat for about 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally and heat until the chocolate is smooth.
For more Treats to add to goodie plates
Assemble a delicious Christmas or just-because goodie plate or bag using these Peanut Clusters and your neighbors will love you. To give an assortment of treats, try some of these:
- White chocolate butterscotch cookie
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Oreo Peppermint Bark
- Gooey Butter Cookies
- M&M Chocolate Bars
- Peanut Butter Balls With Rice Krispies
- Salted Peanut Chews
Scoop. Use a cookie scoop to help ensure uniform-sized clusters.
Chocolate. Replace the semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
Different ways to melt chips. This is one of the easiest treats – just melt chocolate and mix in peanuts! Many times when melting chocolate I suggest using a double broiler, but there are other methods. Easily use the microwave or stovetop.
- Microwave: Use a microwave-safe bowl and heat the chocolate in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between, until smooth.
- Stovetop: In a medium saucepan, heat the chips together over medium heat stirring frequently until smooth.
- Homemade double broiler: Place a small pot on the stove and add about 2 inches of water. As the water begins to heat up, rest a heat-resistant glass or metal bowl on top. (The rim of the pot should hold the bottom of the bowl up out of the water.) Add the chocolate to the bowl. The warm water and steam underneath will heat the chocolate without burning it.
STORE in an airtight container, separating the layers with parchment or wax paper. Store at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the refrigerator for up to a month.
FREEZE for about 2 months.
For more candy Treats:
Peanut Clusters Recipe
- 16 oz cocktail peanuts
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- Start by melting the chips together. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a bowl.
- Add the entire jar of peanuts into the chocolate (I added 1½ jars).
- Scoop a spoonful of the mixture onto parchment paper. Let set, and ENJOY!
These are so easy! Thank you
I love recipes that make a lot with little ingredients. These peanut clusters are perfect for handing out to family and friends.
I’m not a peanut fan, but when you add chocolate, they become so addicting!! Love these!!
I make these all the time, all year long! So easy and I love to give them for homemade holiday gifts!
Everyone enjoyed these peanut clusters! My family is very satisfied with its flavors. We’ll surely have these again on Christmas.
My family loves this treat! We love the combination of butterscotch, chocolate and peanut butter. So tasty and irresistible! Highly recommended!
This is one of my favorite treats! Easy to make and so yummy.
Are the bag of chips 6oz or 12 oz?
I typically use the 11 oz bags (so 12 oz would work too).