Delicious Homemade PayDay Candy Bars are both salty and sweet, taste just like the real thing, & are SO easy to make!
If you love candy bars as much as I do you will LOVE these homemade payday candy bars. They are chewy and delish. For more homemade candy, try Homemade Reese’s, and Caramel Candy.
Homemade is better!
Contrary to popular opinion, PayDays are actually one of my favorite candy bars! I know it’s not a super common one compared to Snickers or Kit Kat, but I just love the combination of salty and sweet!
Although it’s quick and convenient to pick up a candy bar at the grocery checkout line, sometimes homemade versions of candy bars are just BETTER! There is something to making it from scratch without any of the “extra” ingredients in manufactured products.
Good news, this homemade version is honestly so simple, it’s totally worth the little bit of effort for that homemade taste!
Making Homemade Payday Bars
PEANUTS. Pour half your peanuts into a greased 11×7 pan and spread so they cover the bottom.
FILLING. In a small pan melt butter and chips until well combined. Add condensed milk and marshmallows and stir until all mixed. Pour over peanut mixture.
TOPPING. Top with remaining peanuts and let cool (refrigerate if desired).
- Microwave Melting Method: You can use a microwave safe bowl to warm the butter and peanut butter chips in 30 second intervals. Just take the bowl out every 30 seconds and stir it to make sure nothing is sticking and/or burning. After it is successfully melted mix in the sweetened condensed milk and marshmallows.
- Peanuts: Using roasted peanuts gives the payday candy bar more crunch and a little bit more flavor.
- Pan Size: If you only have a 9×13 pan your candy bars will just be a bit thinner and may need less time to cool and solidify.
Wrap them to share! Delivering homemade candies to others can be a little tricky. Just make sure that whatever you wrap it in doesn’t stick to the candy. Wrapping it in parchment paper and then other wrappings allow for the candy to not stick, but also look nice.
STORE homemade paydays in an air-tight and sealed container in a cool and dry place. You can store them in the fridge, or if it is cool outside keeping them on the kitchen counter should be fine too. You can keep them for up to a week before the bars get hard and inedible.
Typically you shouldn’t FREEZE caramel based candy bars because they become rock solid and don’t defrost very well. We also recommend not freezing these homemade candy bars
For more easy homemade treats, try:
- White Chocolate Reese’s Fudge
- White Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- Reese’s Pieces Puppy Chow
- Pecan Pralines
- Chocolate Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Salted Peanut Chews
Homemade PayDay Candy Bar Recipe
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Pour half your peanuts into a greased 11x7 pan and spread so they cover the bottom.
- In a small pan melt butter and chips until well combined. Add condensed milk and marshmallows and stir until all mixed.
- Pour over peanut mixture.
- Top with remaining peanuts and let cool (refrigerate if desired).
Fantastic recipe, the hubbs loves this.
I made this for my sons Christmas present. My question is what size can of milk did you use? I followed the recipe to a t but it didn’t firm up. So I think I used too much milk it came out as a fudge texture then a bar that your pictures show.
I was looking at other recipes with same measurement of ingredients and saw where they used a 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
This was delicious. I will definitely make again.
How do I make my peanut bars more solid they melted pretty quick out of the fridge.
All good! I have a sweet mouth
I do too!! These are so yummy! Hope you give them a try!!
Great CopyPay! There’s only 2 of us in the house, and didn’t realize they are only edible for a week. Well, I’ll keep them in the refrigerator and if it’s too late, try the micro for a few seconds. Oh; also, I used some salty AND spicey peanuts. Darn good! Peanuts were on sale for $1.99/16 oz. 1st time and guess I lucked out. Wife is not into spicey nuts, but she woofed them quick.
Thanks for sharing what you did. I have never tried these with spicy peanuts. Sounds fun to try!
These are ok, very soft and too peanut buttery. Would like more of a nougat center, maybe they’d be a little firmer
See More Comments