Peanut butter balls combine the classic combination of chocolate and peanut butter for one crunchy delicious bite.
Sweet and crunchy peanut butter balls are filled with rice krispies and coated in smooth chocolate. They are sure to please any peanut butter fan! For more of this classic flavor combo try Peanut Clusters, Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, and Peanut Butter Chews.
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls
Calling all the peanut butter lovers out there! These peanut butter rice crispy balls are everything you’d want in a mini dessert, and more! A ton of sweet flavor in one little rice crispy ball. I dare you to just eat one…ha! Go ahead and eat a few of these because you totally deserve it. Crunchy, smooth, and chocolatey all in one bite. Doesn’t it sound perfect?
Peanut butter and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combinations. These peanut butter balls with Rice Krispies are perfect for parties because they are the best finger dessert. No utensils or plates required! Just grab and go. These also make great little snacks. Keep them in your fridge and when that sweet tooth emerges, grab a couple and enjoy.
I love how easy these are to make and how delicious they turn out. Make these peanut butter balls for your next dinner party and everyone will thank you. You could even wrap up a few of these and deliver to a friend that needs a little something sweet to make their day.
How to Make Rice Krispie Peanut Butter Balls
PEANUT BUTTER BALLS. Add peanut butter, margarine and sugar to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Mix in Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Freeze for 30 minutes. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place each ball in a paper cup. Refrigerate.
CHOCOLATE COATING. In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt candy coating while stirring constantly.One at a time, place a rice krispies ball on a fork and dip in the chocolate until fully coated.
SET. Place on a baking sheet, lined with wax paper and refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note. Make sure it’s airtight so that the peanut butter balls stay nice and crispy fresh. You could even sprinkle a few things on top of these peanut butter balls before the chocolate sets. Sprinkles, cookie crumbs, crushed candy bits, chopped nuts, etc!
TIPS, Variations + Storing info
These peanut butter rice krispie balls are just so tasty and simple. If you’re wondering what is the best chocolate to use for the dipping, I have some tips!
Chocolate chips are always a safe bet. They have a good consistency when they melt and they always taste perfect. If you want them to look a little more uniform, use a chocolate with a higher percentage of cocoa butter. This chocolate can be a little more expensive but it’s worth it in the end. It will melt perfectly and have a shiny shell once it’s dipped and set. Just check the packaging to see the percentage of cocoa butter before buying!
Use white chocolate for the coating. Just be sure to use the vanilla or white chocolate candy coating instead of the milk chocolate. You can also use dark chocolate too if that’s what you prefer.
- Drizzle with white chocolate
- Drizzle with caramel sauce
- For even more of a chocolatey taste try using chocolate rice krispies instead of the normal ones!
- If you want them to be creamier decrease the amount of cereal you add, if you want them to be crunchier add more rice krispies
- Add in a cup of shredded coconut for even more flavor and texture.
Once set, STORE these goodies in an air-tight container. They last in the fridge for up to a week, but we have a feeling they won’t last that long.
After the chocolate has fully set place these in an airtight and freezer safe container and FREEZE for up to 6 months.
For more peanut butter and chocolate treats, check out:
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Mini Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chews
Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Balls
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups rice krispies cereal
- chocolate candy coating
- 54 mini muffin paper cups
- Add peanut butter, margarine and sugar to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until combined. Mix in Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Freeze for 30 minutes. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place each ball in a paper cup. Refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt candy coating while stirring constantly.
- One at a time, place a rice krispies ball on a fork and dip in the chocolate until fully coated. Place on a baking sheet, lined with wax paper and refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
My son adores these! THank you
These are amazing and turn out perfect every time!
Yay! I am happy to hear that! Thank you so much!
Why do you want my email for your recipe?
Thanks will definitely try it looks yummy thank you ver much Love it
Let me know how they turn out. I would love to hear!
Do these freeze well?
Yes, they do! Once the chocolate is set, you can freeze for up to 6 months.