I’m sure it’s no surprise that I’m posting another yummy treat with you guys today. We LOVE treats!! And we especially love finding new ones that become family favorites. You better believe if someone in the family finds a good one, we all get the recipe and are sure to make it ourselves. 😉
Today’s recipe was found by one of my sisters. It comes from AllRecipes and was changed up by adding milk chocolate chips (our favorite) and using fewer Corn Flakes and added some Chex into the mix too. The result is a bit like a crunchy scotcharoo cookie with hints of corn and rice and loaded with peanut butter with milk and butterscotch chips.
YUM, right?! The best part of all is that these Peanut Butter Chews require NO baking and don’t take long to make at all. They really are so simple, and the kids will love to help make them. 😀
Here’s the easy, tasty recipe:
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2½ cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Combine corn syrup and white sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, over medium heat. Boil for one minute, and then remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until evenly blended then add both cereals and mix well. Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, drop onto waxed paper.
- In a small pot, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, stirring frequently until smooth. Drizzle over the top and let set for about 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes.
A drizzle of chocolate and butterscotch chips on top – YUM!
I’m a huge fan of cereal treats, and think this one will be a new favorite!
For even more yummy cereal treats, check out these favorites:
I’m not going to lie, we always have Chex, Rice Krispies and Corn Flakes on hand just so we can make these kinds of yummy treats whenever you want. 😀
For even more yummy treats go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!