Hey guys, this is Lauren visiting again from TastesBetterFromScratch.com. I’m excited to share one of our family’s favorite treats with you–Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies!
Do you call them muddy buddies, or puppy chow? Either way, these could be the greatest treat ever invented. They take minutes to make, they only consist of a few ingredients and they’re completely addicting! I always loved the traditional version with the peanut butter, but my husband got me completely hooked on these Cookies and Cream Muddy Buddies.
Let’s be honest, Oreos incorporated into any treat (like my favorite chocolate cake with oreo cream filling) takes it to a whole new level! I’m warning you now, these muddy muddies will be your new favorite movie night treat. “See-Ya Popcorn!”, “Welcome muddy buddies!”–if ya know what I mean. Basically, you make half of the muddies the “cream” and the other half the chocolate cookie. Then you toss them together in one bowl, and you try not to eat them all.
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 6 oz white chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 10 oreos
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- Divide Chex cereal into two large bowls (3 cups in each bowl).
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs using a food processor or by putting them in a ziplock bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. Divide the Oreo crumbs evenly into two separate ziplock bags (about ½ cup in each bag). Add ½ cup of powdered sugar to each bag. Set aside.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips-- I like to use a double boiler, but you can also melt them in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour the melted chocolate into one of the bowls of Chex cereal and stir gently until the cereal is evenly coated in chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate chips. Pour the melted white chocolate into the other bowl with Chex cereal and stir gently until the cereal is evenly coated in white chocolate.
- Add the milk chocolate Chex to one of the gallon ziplock bags, and the add the white chocolate Chex to the other gallon ziplock bag and shake the bags well to evenly coat the cereal with powdered sugar. Pour both bags together into one large bowl. And if you've got any extra Oreos in your package, chop some up and add them to the mix!
Stop by Tastes Better From Scratch for some more yummy treat ideas like:
Oh my heavens! This is taking Muddy Buddies to a whole new level!
I think I’ll try this for movie night for the family this week. Thanks, Lauren!
For more great recipes from her head on over to Tastes Better from Scratch.
For more Oreo goodness, check out these:
I seriously LOVE Oreos!!
For all dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!