I know I’ve shared this before, but I love OREOS. I’m not a fan of eating them by themselves but they are probably my favorite ingredient to add to desserts. They make everything so yummy!! They make today’s recipe a family favorite that we’ve made ever since I was little – It’s called Kansas City Dirt Cake. I’m not sure where we found the original recipe, but it’s one we’ve been making for family get togethers for as long as I can remember, and it’s one we still make all the time for holidays and special occasions.
Yes, this is called Dirt Cake, but for some reason when we first got the recipe it was called Kansas City Dirt Cake. I was heard that’s because Kansas City is made up of a lot of dirt, but no matter the reason this cake is amazing. Everyone loves it!
The Layers – crushed up oreos, the cream mixture and then top it off with….
MORE crushed Oreos!!
I seriously LOVE this recipe and have loved it since I can remember. Hope you like this Oreo treat just as much as my family. 🙂
For more Oreo desserts, check out:
- Oreo Ice Cream Cake
- Oreo Peanut Butter Delight
- Oreo Pudding Pie
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Chocolate Oreo Cake
How to make Dirt Cake:
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 8 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (softened)
- ½ cup Margarine or butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large container cool whip (16 ounces)
- 2 boxes INSTANT white chocolate or vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Crush ⅔ package of Oreos and place in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and margarine (or butter) until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and fold in whipped topping. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla. Fold this mixture in with the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour over crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with the reserve crushed Oreos. Let set for a few hours and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.