Fluffy Oreo Pudding Poke Cake is filled with creamy cookies & cream pudding and topped with crunchy Oreo cookies. It is so YUMMY!
Who loves oreos?!
Do you love Oreos as much as we do? We are always looking for recipes to make with them, including today’s recipe.
Oreo Pudding Poke Cake is simple and delish. It is easy to change it up for different flavors and fillings (think of any pudding flavor). 😉
You can also change it up based on the Oreos you buy to sprinkle on top. We all know there are lots of varieties these days, so use whatever flavors you like. And for that matter, you can change out the cake base too.
Regular Oreos are our go-to, but not matter what kind you use, it’s sure to be delicious.
how to make Oreo Poke Cake
CAKE. Make cake as directed using a 9×13 pan. While cake is still semi-warm, poke holes into your cake. I used the end of highlighter.
PUDDING. Make pudding as directed on box and pour over cake.
TOPPING. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top.
Note: For a more set up pudding texture, chill the cake for a minimum of 30 min before serving.
Tips + Variations
- The higher the fat content on milk the creamier the pudding will turn out. I suggest using 2% or higher, skim won’t get as creamy and thick of a pudding.
- Once you have the pudding mixed up don’t wait for it to set, just pour it directly on top of the cake.
- The best technique to crush Oreos, is to place some oreos in a ziploc bag and crush it with a rolling pin. Then you have your crumbs in a bag ready to go.
Variations: Aside from using different types of Oreos you can also change up the flavor of cake or even add a topping of whipped cream.
Make this cake ahead of time, at least 30 minutes before you plan to serve it so that the pudding in the cake can set. You can also make it the day before.
STORE it covered in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. It might get soggy if stored too long. It’s best to eat it within 1-2 days.
- White Sheet Cake With Chocolate Frosting
- Oreo Fluff
- Chiffon Cake
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Oreo Candy Crunch Pie
Oreo Pudding Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (and all ingredients on box)
- 2 boxes Oreo Pudding 4.z oz boxes
- 3 cups milk 2% or higher
- 8 oz whipped cream
- 10 Oreos crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make cake as directed on package using a 9x13 pan.
- While cake is still semi-warm, poke holes into your cake about 1-inch apart. I used the end of wooden spoon.
- Make pudding by mixing together the pudding mix and milk until smooth. Pour over cake making sure it falls into the holes. Refrigerate cake for at least one hour.
- Top with whipped cream and crushed Oreos. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.