S’mores Puppy Chow is filled with chocolate, chex cereal, golden grahams and marshmallows. It’s easily one of the best grab and go treats!
I’ve been on the hunt for some easy no-bake treats for the kiddos and this s’mores muddy buddy mix was the perfect sweet snack! It only requires a few ingredients and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
You’ll need Chex cereal, Golden Graham cereal, graham crackers, chocolate chips, Nutella or peanut butter, mini marshmallows, and powdered sugar. Simple enough, right? For this particular batch of muddy buddies I used Nutella, but you could use another chocolate spread if you happen to have one on hand. If you want to get extra fancy, instead of adding additional chocolate chips to the mix, you can toss in a handful or two of Hershey’s drop. It’s totally up to you!
Toss everything together in a BIG bowl and serve it up poolside or on your next camping trip! This is such a fun, tasty treat that kids and adults will love!
Making Puppy Chow
MIX. In a large mixing bowl combine the chocolate spread (or peanut butter) and the chocolate chips.
MELT. Place in the microwave and melt for 30 seconds on high, three times, stirring in between. Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, stir in the mini marshmallows, then fold in the cereal.
SHAKE. Transfer the cereal to a large Ziploc bag, add the powdered sugar, seal and shake to coat. Toss in a large clean bowl along with the Golden Graham cereal, graham cracker chunks, chocolate chips (or Hershey’s Drops), and mini marshmallows.
Variations + Tips
- Use chopped hershey bars instead of mini chocolate chips
- Normal chocolate
- Cookies and cream bars
- Add a salty snack to the mix like mini pretzels
- Add mini peanut butter cups
- Use mini freeze-dried marshmallows instead of traditional mini marshmallows
We recommend using a traditional peanut butter instead of natural because the texture is essential to help it stick to the cereal
We prefer using Ghirardelli chocolate because we think it has the best flavor. You can use your personal favorite or whatever you have on hand.
To make it a little healthier, try adding in chocolate or yogurt covered raisins
I like to keep my puppy chow in an airtight container in the fridge but you can also STORE it at room temperature in an airtight container for about a week. You don’t want to risk the marshmallows or cereal getting stale.
I have never FROZEN muddy buddies but if you put them in an airtight container they should last for about 3 months before being thawed.
Since this lasts awhile you can make it a day or two ahead of time and keep it stored airtight until the party.
And for more great treats, check out:
S'more Muddy Buddies Recipe
- 1/2 cup chocolate spread or peanut butter (like Nutella)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 cup Golden Graham cereal
- 3 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Golden Graham cereal
- 1/3 cup graham cracker chunks (from about 2 sheets of graham crackers)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or Hershey's Drops
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chocolate spread (or peanut butter) and the chocolate chips.
- Place in the microwave and melt for 30 seconds on high, three times, stirring in between. Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, stir in the mini marshmallows, then fold in the cereal.
- Transfer the cereal to a large ziploc bag, add the powdered sugar, seal and shake to coat.
- Toss in a large clean bowl along with the Golden Graham cereal, graham cracker chunks, chocolate chips (or Hershey's Drops), and mini marshmallows.
This recipe looks fantastic! I know all my kids will love it!! Thank you, Natalie. For more great recipes from her, be sure to head on over to Life Made Simple. 😉