Our family has taken a quick pitstop in Florida before we move on up to the D.C. area, and boy is it hot & humid here! We’ve been spending our days in the pool trying to beat the heat. I’ve been on the hunt for some easy no-bake treats for the kiddos and this s’mores muddy buddy mix was the perfect sweet snack! It only requires a few ingredients and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes.
You’ll need Chex cereal, Golden Graham cereal, graham crackers, chocolate chips, Nutella or peanut butter, mini marshmallows, and powdered sugar. Simple enough, right? For this particular batch of muddy buddies I used Nutella, but you could use another chocolate spread if you happen to have one on hand. If you want to get extra fancy, instead of adding additional chocolate chips to the mix, you can toss in a handful or two of Hershey’s drop. It’s totally up to you!
Toss everything together in a BIG bowl and serve it up poolside or on your next camping trip! This is such a fun, tasty treat that kids and adults will love!
The best part? You don’t have to turn on your oven to make it! It’s a great snack mix for summer!!
S’mores Puppy Chow:
- ½ c. chocolate spread (like Nutella) or peanut butter
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. mini marshmallows
- 4 c. Golden Graham cereal
- 3 c. corn Chex cereal
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. Golden Graham cereal
- ⅓ c. graham cracker chunks (from about 2 sheets of graham crackers)
- ½ c. chocolate chips or Hershey's Drops
- ½ c. mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl combine the chocolate spread (or peanut butter) and the chocolate chips.
- Place in the microwave and melt for 30 seconds on high, three times, stirring in between. Once the chocolate is nice and smooth, stir in the mini marshmallows, then fold in the cereal.
- Transfer the cereal to a large ziploc bag, add the powdered sugar, seal and shake to coat.
- Toss in a large clean bowl along with the Golden Graham cereal, graham cracker chunks, chocolate chips (or Hershey's Drops), and mini marshmallows.
This recipe looks fantastic! I know all my kids will love it!! Thank you, Natalie. For more great recipes from her, be sure to head on over to Life Made Simple. 😉
For another great puppy chow recipe, check out:
And for more great treats, check out: