This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Fudgy S’mores Brownies are the ultimate chocolatey dessert, topped with gooey toasted marshmallows and crunchy graham cracker chunks.
Irresistible S’mores Brownies
Who doesn’t have at least one fond memory of an ooey-gooey S’more? This s’mores brownie recipe has all the melty, sticky-sweet goodness of the marshmallow sandwiches we love to make around a fire.
I’ve taken my recipe for the BEST Fudgy Brownies and topped it with melted chocolate, toasty marshmallows, and crunchy graham crackers. It doesn’t get much better than a brownie mixed with a campfire s’more!
Not only are these s’mores brownies absolutely decadent and irresistible, but they’re also SO simple to make.
These fudgy treats are a hit whenever I make them. And unlike s’mores around the fire, I can make these any time of year!
What You’ll Need
Let’s go over everything you’ll need to make these Best S’mores Brownies! Be sure to refer to the recipe card for the full details.
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Hershey Bar
- Graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
How to Make S’mores Brownies
Let’s whip up these fudgy brownies in just a few easy steps:
PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
BATTER. Whisk together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa till smooth in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till blended. Stir in flour and salt.
BAKE. Pour and spread batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
CHOCOLATE TOPPING. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped Hershey bars, graham cracker pieces, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
TOAST + ENJOY! Return to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or till marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is melted. Serve warm or cooled.
Here are my tips and suggestions for turning out the ultimate smore brownie recipe:
Layering matters. It’s important to layer the Hershey chocolate pieces before adding the Graham Crackers and marshmallows. When melted, the chocolate acts as the “glue” keeping the other toppings in place.
Use jumbo marshmallows. If large marshmallows are all you have in the pantry, cut them in quarters to layer over the brownies and graham crackers.
- No matter the size of the marshmallows, make sure they aren’t old for the best results.
Cutting tips. Melted marshmallows are pretty sticky, which can make S’mores Brownies tricky to cut. For smooth edges, spray your knife with a bit of cooking oil between slices.
Prepare the pan. Line the pan with parchment paper to help remove the brownies from the pan intact.
- If you don’t have parchment paper be sure to spray the pan with cooking spray then scoop in some flour. Tilt the pan so that the flour coats the bottom and sides. Discard excess flour.
This recipe is easy to change up. Here are a few ways to do it:
- More chocolate. Add chocolate chips to the brownie batter – even more chocolate never hurts, right?
- Different flavored candy chips. In place of chocolate chips, try white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce. Give your S’mores Brownie Recipe a drizzle of Hot Fudge Sauce, Caramel Sauce, or chocolate ganache.
- Add more cookies. In addition to the crumbled graham cracker crumbs, add crushed Oreos or Chocolate Chip Cookies into the mix.
STORE Smores Brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. I love to reheat mine for a few seconds in the microwave to get the toppings nice and gooey again.
FREEZE. Once the brownies have cooled completely, store them in an airtight container or freezer bag, or tightly wrap them in plastic wrap. They can be kept frozen for up to 3 months.
Thaw the brownies at room temperature before serving.
This is a great way to elevate a store-bought brownie mix. Bake the brownies according to the directions on the box. Top with s’mores ingredients as directed in the recipe.
Most ovens have a broil setting, where the heat comes from the top of the oven only. This is the best setting to use when toasting the marshmallow topping.
for more brownies, try:
S’mores Brownies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, and cocoa till smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk till blended. Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chopped Hershey bars, graham cracker pieces, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.
- Return to oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or till marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is melted.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.