Everyone loves this Snickerdoodle puppy chow recipe that is covered in white chocolate, powdered sugar and cinnamon. It’s so addicting!
Cinnamon Puppy Chow
Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies) has always been a family favorite. We’ve been making it for as long as I can remember and it is a treat that our entire family loves (and can devour in a matter of minutes).
We decided to combine our favorite cookie with these muddy buddies to make a Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow recipe. The result?! Our new favorite puppy chow. With white chocolate, powdered sugar and CINNAMON, you really can’t go wrong!
We love to also gift this to friends and neighbors and think this version will be a hit. There is so much flavor in this treat, that you may find yourself eating the whole bowl without even realizing it. Yes, it’s messy but it’s SO worth it!
Tips for Perfect Puppy Chow
There are endless variations of puppy chow that you can make. We love it so much that we’ve made several versions that we will link to below. Here are some basic tips on how you can customize this recipe any way you want…
- Use about 6 cups of Chex Mix (I am always tempted to add more Chex cereal than called for because there seems to be more than enough chocolate sauce, but I have to remind myself not to. Each Chex piece needs an AMPLE coating so that the powdered sugar can stick to it.)
- Any kind of melting chocolate or chocolate chips work – Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Butterscotch, Peanut Butter, White Chocolate, etc. (Melt these and pour over Chex, tossing to coat well)
- Add any extra flavor to powdered sugar – In this case it’s cinnamon, but you can also use nutmeg, Pumpkin Pie Spice, etc.
- Toss cereal in powdered sugar mix and pour into a bowl.
- Add any other ingredients to create customized recipe – M&Ms, nuts, marshmallows, etc.
- Finally, cold Puppy Chow is absolutely delicious. Simply store it in an airtight container in the fridge if you like.
how to store
This treat can last for up to 10 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature although we always finish it off long before then.
For longer storage you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For more puppy chow recipes, check out:
- Smores Puppy Chow
- Reese’s Pieces Puppy Chow
- Brownie Puppy Chow Mix
- Sugar Cookie Puppy Chow
- Cookies And Cream Muddy Buddies
Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow recipe
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 12 oz white chocolate candy coating (or white chocolate chips)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Place 6 cups Chex Mix in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat white candy coating in a small pot on LOW, stirring constantly. Mix until all melted and well blended.
- Take off heat and pour over cereal. Toss so that most or all pieces are well coated.
- Place 1 cup powdered sugar and cinnamon in a large ziploc bag and mix well. Pour cereal into the bag and shake until all the pieces are coated with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Place in air-tight container until ready to serve and ENJOY!