Sweet and crunchy Patriotic Trail Mix is filled with candy coated cereal mixed with mini marshmallows, licorice and M&Ms.
I love Muddy Buddies and Puppy Chow, probably because I love Chex. They are ideal for making easy shareable treats! Patriotic Trail Mix is a perfect treat for any patriotic holiday like Fourth of July, Memorial Day or Veteran’s Day!
A Festive & Easy Treat!
Hi, it’s me Lily! I love sharing simple and yummy treats with you, I also LOVE Fourth of July!! It’s one of my favorite holidays. I’m so glad we get to be in Arizona to celebrate it with our family and cousins.
We made a treat that will be perfect to enjoy while watching the fireworks – it’s a Patriotic Trail Mix. It has Chex covered in white chocolate, red, white and blue M&Ms, twizzlers (but you can use any kind of licorice) and marshmallows. I saw the recipe on Sprinkle Some Fun and wanted to give it a try. It is AMAZING! I wish I had some of it right now.
I hope you really enjoy the recipe. I really think your family will enjoy this treat while watching fireworks so be sure to make it for them. I think your kids will love it!!
Making Patriotic Trail Mix
COAT CEREAL. Place corn Chex in large bowl. Melt candy coating on low heat in a small pot. Stir constantly and melt until smooth. Pour over Chex and mix until cereal is all coated. Pour onto wax paper and spread out. Let set.
MIX INS. Once cereal is set, add other candy pieces and mix well. ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
For the white chocolate, 1 cube of candy coating is 2 oz. If using white chocolate chips, this equals about ⅓ cup. You will need EITHER 8 oz of candy coating cubes OR 1 ⅓-1 ½ c chocolate chips.
- Use peanut M&Ms if that is more your style
- Use golden grahams for a different flavor
- When doing the candy coating step feel free to pour some patriotic sprinkles on top of it before that candy coating cools and sets
- Do popcorn instead of Chex
STORE this in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 weeks.
For more Patriotic treats, check out:
- Patriotic Shortbread Cookies
- Red, White and Blueberry Cupackes
- Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats
- Patriotic Poke Cake
- Patriotic Fruit Pizza
- Red, White, Blue Trifle
- Patriotic Drink
Patriotic Trail Mix Recipe
- 3 cup corn chex
- 15 licorice cut in quarters
- 1 cup M&Ms red, white and blue
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 cubes vanilla candy coating
- Place corn Chex in large bowl.
- Melt candy coating on low heat in a small pot. Stir constantly and melt until smooth. Pour over Chex and mix until cereal is all coated. Pour onto wax paper and spread out. Let set.
- Once cereal is set, add other candy pieces and mix well. ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Sprinkle Some Fun.