Eggs have so many nutritional benefits, and there are infinite ways to prepare them for breakfast! Check out this collection of breakfast egg recipes—classic egg breakfast foods, baked eggs, and bite sized egg recipes are all included!
The Incredible Edible Egg
Eggs are designed to sustain life and include many needed nutritional elements. Not only are they full of nutrition, they are inexpensive, easy to prepare, versatile and pair well with so many other ingredients.
How to tell if your eggs are still good: Eggs are typically good even after the expiration date has passed. One super easy way to tell if your eggs are still good is the sink or float test:
- Add 2 tbsp of salt in a glass with 2 cups of cold water. If the egg sinks it is OK to eat. If the egg floats, then it should be discarded.
TIPS to remember when cooking eggs:
- Whisk right before pouring, otherwise the airy froth will simply disappear and you’ll have to rewhisk.
- Don’t overcook
- Add plenty of seasoning
easy egg recipes
We love eggs, and we are guessing you do too, why is why you are here. Some of our go-to’s for preparing eggs – and don’t fret – they’re all easy!
- Simple Scrambled Eggs – Perfectly fluffy and flavorful scrambled eggs with the addition of a few simple ingredients.
- Eggs Benedict with Asparagus – Poached eggs, asparagus, bacon, and a slice of tomato on top of an english muffin topped with a homemade hollandaise sauce.
- Breakfast Taco – Eggs, bacon, cheese, and hash browns inside a mini flour tortilla. Top it off with your favorite salsa or avocado.
- Toad in a Hole – A slice of toasted bread with an egg cooked right into the center. It only takes about 5 minutes to make!
- Favorite Eggs and Potatoes – Delicious skillet breakfast full of red potatoes, eggs, and cheese all baked in the oven.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast – Sweet potatoes, bell peppers, and cheese all scrambled together with eggs and a handful of delicious seasonings.
- Breakfast Burrito – All your favorite breakfast fixings wrapped up in a tortilla and served with some salsa. Our favorite combo includes eggs, bacon, cheese, and potatoes.
egg casserole recipes
We love a good breakfast casserole, especially if it can be made ahead of time, so we’ve rounded up our favs that have eggs in them too. We have a huge variety to choose from based on choice of meat, seasonings and more.
- Eggs Benedict Casserole – One of the classics in casserole form with English muffins, Canadian bacon, and eggs smothered and baked in a delicious homemade hollandaise sauce.
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole – An enchilada version of a breakfast casserole with layers of corn tortillas, eggs, sausage, bacon, green chili sauce, sour cream, and lots of cheese.
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole – This savory casserole is beyond hearty with tater tots, sausage, bacon, green onions, eggs, and two types of cheeses.
- Biscuit Egg Casserole – Fluffy biscuit dough topped with eggs, sausage, cheese, and any other favorite breakfast fixings.
- Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole – Bacon, eggs, shredded hash browns, and three different kinds of cheeses.
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole – It only takes 5 ingredients to make this casserole: eggs, milk, sausage, hash browns, and lots of cheese!
- Cheesy Breakfast Casserole – Another simple breakfast casserole filled with eggs, cheese, potatoes and bacon! Better yet, it’s ready in less than 45 minutes!
- Crock-pot Breakfast Casserole – Eggs, sausage, hash browns, cheese, and seasonings all thrown into the crock pot for a low maintenance casserole.
- Baked Eggs – Eggs mixed with cottage cheese, mozzarella, and cheddar, then baked in a casserole dish. Serve it as a main dish or on the side.
Baked Eggs + Egg Cups
We have classic scrambled eggs and egg casseroles, but we also have some egg bakes and egg cups that can’t be missed. There are a variety of these recipes and I promise they won’t disappoint.
- Ham and Cheese Quiche – An eggy mixture of ham and three different kinds of cheeses baked inside a buttery pie crust.
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Strata – Buttery layers of bread, ham, cheese, and egg combined into a delicious casserole.
- Baked Denver Omelet – Thick and delicious omelet stuffed with melty cheese, ham, mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers, and baked in the oven.
- Spinach Quiche – A simple quiche made from a spinach, cheese, and egg mixture baked inside a pie crust.
- Bacon and Cheese Quiche – Bacon, three cheeses, eggs, and lots of seasonings poured into a flaky pie crust and baked into a savory quiche.
- Avocado Eggs – Eggs, bacon, and cheese all cooked inside a pitted avocado.
- Hash Brown Egg Cups – A mini muffin tin creation made from crispy hash browns filled with eggs, bacon, and cheese.
- Healthy Egg Muffins – Egg mixed with meat, veggies, and cheese, and baked inside a muffin tin.
- Breakfast Egg Cups – A crescent roll bottom with eggs, bacon and cheese added on top and baked inside a muffin tin.
There’s such a wide variety of egg recipes—ones that are quick and easy, ones that take a little more time (like the overnight casseroles), individual serving sizes, and recipes that are best for feeding a crowd.