Simple and delicious crescent dough Breakfast Hand Pies are perfect for breakfast! They are easy to make and completely customizable.
It’s easy to whip up delicious breakfast recipes like Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole, Breakfast Pizza, and Breakfast Crescent Ring using crescent rolls. Breakfast hand pies are one of our favorites!
Hand Pies Made with Crescent Dough!
I am a huge fan of breakfast recipes. Unfortunately, we rarely have time to enjoy them in the morning before kids are off to school. Yes, it’s pathetic, but that is one of the reasons why we have breakfast for dinner every Wednesday night.
There are so many great breakfast recipes to try and with little time in the mornings, we are happy to enjoy them at dinner time. One of our new favorites are these Breakfast Hand Pies. They’re made with crescent dough, which speeds up the prep time a TON!
Like most breakfast concoctions, these breakfast pies can be customized based on the ingredients you love most. You can add veggies (peppers, tomatoes, etc) or different meats (sausage, bacon or ham). Different cheeses can add different flavors as well.
This simple recipe was a hit with the family and was SO easy. We can’t wait to try these again and have all the toppings available so everyone can make their own custom breakfast pies.
How to make breakfast hand pies
PREP. Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
DOUGH. Roll out dough onto a cutting board to form a large rectangle. Cut into 4 smaller rectangles and place on cookie sheet. Roll dough edges up to form an edge.
TOPPINGS. Break 1 egg into the center of the dough. Top with cheese, bacon and ham. Top with any other veggies (if desired).
BAKE. Bake for 16 – 20 minutes or until egg yolk is firm. ENJOY!
Tips + Storing Info
One of my kids’ favorite things to do is make their own personal pizzas. They add all their favorite toppings and then gobble them right up. This recipe can be done the same way. Prepare all the breakfast pie ingredients and set them out. The guests can add whatever they want to their breakfast pies.
- Make sure to keep an eye on them while they are baking, the eggs can over cook quickly. If you like the yolk more runny, then cook them for a shorter amount of time.
- Roll the dough out well so there is a large surface to put all your ingredients on, that way there will be enough room for it all and it won’t run over the top of the edges.
- Medium sized eggs work best for this recipe so they don’t run over the top of the dough.
STORE any leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for no longer than 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven. Unfortunately, I do not recommend freezing leftovers.
The best way to prepare these ahead of time is to prepare all the ingredients the day before and build the crusts. Store the ingredients in airtight containers in the fridge. Store the crusts on a cookie sheet with plastic wrap over the top in the fridge, then assemble it all together right before baking.
For more breakfast recipes, check out:
- Breakfast Pizza
- Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes
- Cheesy Breakfast Pie
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Bacon In The Oven
Breakfast Hand Pies Recipe
- 1 8 oz. can refrigerated crescent dough sheet
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped, cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- veggies (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough onto a cutting board to form a large rectangle. Cut into 4 smaller rectangles and place on cookie sheet.
- Roll dough edges up to form an edge. Break 1 egg into the center of the dough. Top with cheese, bacon and ham. Top with any other veggies (if desired).
- Bake for 16 – 20 minutes or until egg yolk is firm. ENJOY!
Recipe from Pillsbury.
So yummy and a great idea1
How do you recommend reheating?
That is a good question! I haven’t had leftovers, so I haven’t tried reheating. Not sure how the egg would hold up, if it were to go in the fridge then reheated. Maybe, a warm oven or microwave??
Such a unique breakfast idea for the family on the go!
Hearty & delicious!! My family likes to make these on the weekends & they are great, because we can each add what we like.
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
My family loves to make these and customize them to what they each like!
This is the perfect breakfast recipe! So filling and delicious!
Great concept, but was a fail. As the pastry puffed, my eggs went everywhere except stay in the center.