Crescent roll breakfast casserole is savory and cheesy. It is easy to assemble and bakes in under 30 minutes!
This hearty dish is sure to be a go to breakfast dish. It makes plenty and is ready in no time. It can be made ahead of time for those crazy mornings!! For more quick and easy breakfasts try Breakfast Burritos, Crockpot Breakfast Casserole, and Mini Applesauce Muffins.
Easy & Prepped Whenever You Like!
This is packed full of flavor with so many layers of goodness. It is savory and cheesy and sure to fill you up!! I love that it is easy to put together and bakes in under 30 minutes. That means I can have a hearty breakfast ready to feed the masses in no time!
Not needing to refrigerate this dish is another reason that I like this particular recipe. Some breakfast casseroles require you to make them ahead of time, but you can cook this one right after you assemble it.
However, if you want to assemble it the night before you definitely can! More notes on this below.
How to Make It
PREP. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish by lightly spraying it with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F/165°C.
SAUSAGE. Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown. Drain and crumble the sausage. Set aside to use later.
LAYER. Open the package of crescent roll dough and line the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the crumbled sausage over the top.
EGG MIXTURE. Add the eggs to a large bowl and beat. Stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Add the Italian seasoning and mix. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and crescent rolls.
BAKE. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
A note about the dough: When you unroll the crescent roll dough, you’ll notice perforations where you would normally tear them apart. When you press the sheet of dough into the pan, smooth out those perforations. Getting your fingertips wet will help the dough smooth together easier.
Switch It Up
There are a few great things that I like about breakfast casserole, one of them being how easy they are to change up. Some easy and delicious things you can try include:
- Chopped peppers – sautee them first and add them to the casserole the same time you add the sausage.
- Mushrooms – cooked first
- Broccoli florets
- Chopped spinach
- Change up the cheese
- Use flavored pork sausage. For a mild flavor use sweet pork. To add some heat use spicy pork sausage.
- Replace the pork sausage with cubed ham, cooked crumbled bacon, chicken or turkey sausage.
- Add green onions to the top.
Making Ahead & Storing Leftovers
Make ahead: As I mentioned, you don’t need to refrigerate crescent roll breakfast casserole overnight, but if you want to assemble it the night before you definitely can! Simply layer it according to the directions, cover with foil and refrigerate. In the morning, allow it to sit on the counter while you preheat the oven and then bake. The casserole may need an extra few minutes of bake time.
Leftovers: If I happen to have leftovers I like to divide it into individual sized portions. That way it’s easy to grab, heat and eat. Place portions in airtight containers and store in the fridge for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Reheat in the microwave until heated through.
For more Breakfast Casseroles, try:
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Cheesy Breakfast Casserole
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb pork sausage
- (1 package) 8 oz refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 10 eggs beaten
- 2 c Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 c Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish by lightly spraying it with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350°F/165°C.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown. Drain and crumble the sausage. Set aside to use later.
- Open the package of crescent roll dough and line the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the crumbled sausage over the top.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl and beat. Stir in the mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Add the Italian seasoning and mix. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and crescent rolls.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.