Hearty Crockpot breakfast casserole is a tasty make-ahead meal filled with hash browns and sausage that you NEED in your life!
Crockpot breakfast casserole is great for feeding a crowd or just your family on a weekend morning! All your favorite flavors of breakfast in one easy dish. Serve this alongside fresh fruit, Mini Applesauce Muffins, and a Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
Slow Cooker Breakfast
Crockpot recipes might be my best friend. Is there anything better then throwing everything into one pot, turning it on, and walking away? Nope.
Have you ever made a breakfast casserole in the slow cooker? We hadn’t until recently, and we were so excited that it was simple and delicious.
This recipe calls for cheese, hash browns, eggs, milk, sausage crumbles – all of the best breakfast flavors combined into one amazing meal! This simple casserole was thrown together in minutes and would be great for any breakfast, brunch or holiday.
How to Make Crockpot breakfast casserole
LAYER. Begin by layering half the frozen potatoes, half the bacon or sausage, and 1 cup shredded cheese in your greased crock pot. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to season everything.
Repeat these layers one more time. Evenly sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over the top of all the ingredients.
COOK. Put the top on and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. You can also cook it on high for 3-4 hours depending on when you need to serve it. The eggs should be set and thoroughly cooked when it’s done.
Other ingredients to add
Change it up by adding a few of these ingredients…
- turkey bacon
- bell peppers
- monterey jack cheese
This can be made in the oven. Layer all of the ingredients in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Eggs should be cooked through when it’s all done baking.
SERVING & STORING
So many options to serve with this casserole, but some of our favorites include:
- fresh fruit
- Easy French Toast
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Homemade Biscuits
- Banana Muffins
- German Pancakes
- Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
STORE your leftover breakfast casserole in an airtight container in the fridge. It should last 3-4 days!
FREEZE any leftover cooked breakfast casserole. Just keep it in a freezer-safe container and it will last 2-3 months.
We’ve always loved breakfast casseroles and are so excited to add another one to the list, especially with how simple it is!
For more breakfast casseroles, check out:
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole
- Eggs Benedict Casserole
- Biscuit Egg Casserole
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole
- Breakfast Strata
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 32 oz. package hash brown potatoes frozen
- 1 9.6 oz. bag sausage crumbles (or bacon)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (or Colby Jack)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions diced (optional)
- Layer half the frozen potatoes, half the bacon or sausage, and 1 cup shredded cheese in your greased crock pot and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Repeat these layers one more time.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese over the top evenly.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese evenly in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours (or HIGH for 3-4 hours) or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.