Cheesy Breakfast Egg Cups – a crescent roll bottom with eggs, bacon and cheese on top! These breakfast bites are perfect as a snack or to make ahead and heat up on the go.
Bacon Egg Cups
Simple breakfast recipes are my favorite!! We especially love these recipes if they are ones we can make ahead and pop in the microwave when you are in a hurry in the morning. Today’s breakfast bacon egg cups are one those recipes. They’re quick, simple, and can be made ahead of time (similar to our Egg Muffins)!
These baked egg cups are made with cut crescent dough, bacon, eggs and cheese. Can you go wrong with those ingredients? I think not!
How to Make Egg Cups
As we mentioned, this recipe is very simple to make. It’s also easily changed up based on the ingredients you like most. To make this version, just roll out the crescent dough and cut it into 12 squares. You will then place 1 square into each cup of a greased muffin tin.
Then, you will place 3 small pieces of bacon along the sides of each cup. Mix the eggs, milk and half of the shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper until it is well combined. Pour into each cup until about 2/3 full.
From there you will top with more cheese and bake for 16-18 minutes.
More Egg Cup Ingredients:
Want to change things up? Here are other ingredients that work well in these crescent roll egg cups.
- Other Meats – Sausage, Turkey Bacon and ham all are delicious
- Other Cheeses – Mexican, Swiss and Monterrey Jack are great
- Veggies – peppers, onions, broccoli, spinach
Do you have to use crescent dough in these egg cups?
You do not have to use crescent dough, but it provides a delicious base and a way to keep the egg cups together better. If you want a gluten-free version, we recommend taking out the crescent square and putting in a piece of ham instead.
How to store Egg Cups?
Keep them in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these by placing in a freezer-safe Ziploc bag and placing in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How to reheat egg cups?
Just place them in the fridge and heat until warm. If frozen, let thaw in fridge overnight before reheating.
For more Breakfast bites, check out:
- No Bake Energy Bites
- Healthy Egg Muffins
- Avocado Bacon and Eggs
- Crescent Breakfast Pies
- Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Breakfast Bites:
Egg Cup Recipe
- 1 can Butterflake Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 7 eggs
- 12 slicews bacon cooked and cut into thirds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll out crescent dough and press seems together. Cut into 12 squares.
- Grease pan really well and place 1 crescent square in each muffin cup.
- Place 3 small pieces of bacon along the sides of each muffin cup.
- Mix eggs, milk, ½ cup cheddar cheese, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour into each cup until ⅔ full.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 16-18 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Pillsbury.