Whip up this easy sweet potato breakfast for a filling and healthy meal! You’re going to enjoy every flavorful bite of this colorful breakfast.
sweet potato breakfast idea
There is nothing I like more than a healthy and hearty breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite. I love all yummy breakfast foods! But I especially enjoy a breakfast that will fill me up until lunch time. Bonus if it’s packed with vegetables. 😉
This sweet potato breakfast checks all those boxes. Plus, it’s really simple to make!
There are A LOT of benefits to a healthy breakfast. Studies have shown that if you consume a healthy breakfast, it will decrease your other unhealthy cravings throughout the day. Not to mention having the energy to get through that early morning.
Start the day out right with this tasty sweet potato breakfast dish!
how to make breakfast sweet potatoes
DICE. Start by making sure your potatoes are all cut the right size for cooking. You’ll want them to be diced into bite sized pieces so that they will all cook evenly together. Chop up your bell peppers while you have the cutting board out. Now you’re ready to cook!
COOK. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add in the potatoes, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover the pan and lower the heat. Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes. Stir them every 4-5 minutes and cook until potatoes are almost tender.
ADD INGREDIENTS. Remove the lid, turn to high heat and stir in the bell peppers and eggs. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the potatoes are tender and browned. Remove the dish from the heat, add in the cheese, and serve hot!
sweet potato variations + Storing
Feel free to add in any extra herbs, spices, cheese, etc. to change up the flavors in your sweet potato breakfast. Here are some other ingredients you could try:
- Mexican cheese
- chili powder
- sriracha sauce
Have any leftover sweet potato breakfast? Store in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. It should last for 3-4 days. Perfect for a quick breakfast or lunch- just heat up in the microwave for a minute or two!
For more breakfast recipes with potatoes, TRY:
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Cheesy Breakfast Potato Casserole
- Breakfast Pie
- Breakfast Tacos
- Sweet Potato Hash
- Potato Pancakes
Sweet Potato Breakfast Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes skin on diced into bite sized chunks
- 1 white sweet potato diced into bite sized chunks
- 1 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ red bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper chopped
- garlic salt (with parsley flakes)
- 4 eggs mixed
- ½ cup cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes along with the salt and pepper. Stir.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat, and cook for 15 minutes. Stir every 4-5 minutes. Cook until potatoes are almost tender.
- Remove the lid, turn to high heat and stir in the bell peppers and eggs. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked and the potatoes are tender and browned.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and serve.