Confession… Breakfast is not my most important meal of the day. I bet some of you are like me where mornings are crazy. So, something quick and simple is what it comes down to when choosing what to eat for breakfast. Luckily my family gets together often, for a “Breakfast for Dinner” dinner. When Kristyn (you know… the mastermind behind this amazing site!) lived in AZ, her contribution would often be Coffee Cake. For the longest time I had no interest in trying it out. Once I did, I kicked myself for taking so long to try it. It really is scrumptious (and easy to put together too!)
When we came upon this recipe for Cream Cheese Coffee Cake from my mom’s friend, we need we HAD to give it a try. I’m so glad we did. It was soft and moist and full of flavor. The creamy glaze drizzled over the top was an added bonus making it even more delicious. This is definitely another recipe that we’ll be adding to our “Breakfast for Dinner” menu.
What about you? How often does your family eat Breakfast for dinner?
Here’s the recipe:
Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, sugar and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and vanilla. Add to creamed mixture, stir until well blended.
- Sift dry ingredients together and then add to to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into 2-3 greased and floured cake pans (depending on the size of your cake pan. We used 2 because our pans were a bit bigger).
- Mix together struesal ingredients and spread over top of pans. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
I spent a lot of time at the dentist today and these pictures are just cruel! I cant wait until I can enjoy this delicious Coffee Cake again.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12-15
ANY CHANGES MADE: none
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more coffee cake recipes, you can check out these posts:
For all breakfast recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂