This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love breakfast foods like I do, this recipe is for you! Two of my absolute favorite breakfasts combine in these amazingly delicious cinnamon roll waffles.
These waffles are like Cinnamon Rolls and Belgian Waffles combined into one sweet and indulgent breakfast recipe. It’s always fun to put a twist on a basic waffle—in fact, we love snickerdoodle waffles and red velvet waffles for unique breakfast items as well!
cinnamon Rolls in waffle form
They’re crisp, buttery, tender waffles, topped with an amazing combination of sweetened cream cheese and a cinnamon brown sugar topping. Each bite tastes just like a homemade cinnamon roll, but they’re so much faster and easier to make!
I bought myself a Belgian waffle maker for Christmas a couple of months ago, and since then we are all about waffles at my house.
These cinnamon roll waffles start with a good basic waffle recipe, made even more delicious by the addition of melted butter. They mix up in just a few minutes, and they’re made with ingredients that I always have on hand, so they’re easy to make when the mood strikes.
While the waffles cook, you’ll mix up two simple and delicious toppings for them. They combine together to give the waffles that authentic cinnamon roll taste.
I absolutely love the combination of warm, sweet cinnamon and the sweetened cream cheese. Just try not to eat all of it with a spoon while you wait for the waffles to cook!
We served our waffle toppings in pastry bags to make it easy to drizzle and cut down on the mess, but you could also just use a spoon for drizzling. I just didn’t trust my kids to do it themselves without flinging cinnamon and brown sugar all over the kitchen. 🙂
Cinnamon spice & everything nice
How can you spice up the recipe? If you want to make the recipe even more like a cinnamon roll you can add a dash of cinnamon to the batter. This will further bring out the cinnamon roll taste of the dish.
Does this recipe work for pancakes? Yes, simply make a pancake batter and cook as the recipe dictates. Then make the toppings the same to drizzle on top of. Here’s our favorite buttermilk pancake recipe.
Can you make cinnamon roll waffles with pillsbury cinnamon rolls? Yes, instead of using a waffle mix you can put pillsbury cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker. Simply spray both sides of the iron with non-stick spray and place the roll in the middle of the iron. Close the iron firmly and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown.
I was a little skeptical about whether these waffles could actually live up to my favorite cinnamon rolls, but I was blown away by how delicious they are! Not only are they delicious, they’re also really quick to make. I think it was less than 30 minutes, start to finish, to make these beauties.
We will definitely be making these again and again!
For more waffle recipes, check out:
More Cinnamon Roll recipes:
Cinnamon Roll Waffle Recipe
- Add the milk and butter to a measuring cup and heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds at high power, until the butter is nearly melted.
- Pour the milk mixture into a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla, until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined (small lumps are ok). Let sit 5 minutes. While the batter is resting, preheat a waffle iron and grease if necessary.
- Pour the batter into the hot waffle iron and cook according the waffle maker's directions. (For my waffle iron, one cup of batter cooked for 4½ minutes was perfect.)
- To make the cream cheese topping, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. To make the cinnamon topping, whisk together the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon. Drizzle the cream cheese topping and the cinnamon topping over the waffles, and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.