Cinnamon roll pancakes are all of your breakfast dreams coming true! They are filled with a cinnamon swirl and topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting that is utterly delicious!
Perfect for Special Occasions
Tired of all the holiday baking? Take a break from pumpkin and turkey and make these divine cinnamon roll pancakes. They are perfect for special occasions, weekend breakfasts with company, or an early brunch with all the other breakfast sides!
Or let’s face it – served alone they are awesome too because it’s practically a huge flattened cinnamon roll that is beyond delicious.
It’s no surprise that these pancakes were a hit with the whole family. They are spiced perfectly and have all the taste of your favorite cinnamon rolls without all the prep work! That’s a no brainer. If you’re craving cinnamon rolls but don’t have the time to make them, try this recipe!!
Making Cinnamon Roll pancakes
Start your cinnamon roll pancakes by making the cream cheese glaze first!
GLAZE. Melt the butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Remove the butter from the heat and mix in the cream cheese. Whisk it together until almost smooth. Mix in the powdered sugar and then add the vanilla. Stir to mix and set aside.
Now let’s start on the pancake batter.
BATTER. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients: buttermilk, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Beat until well combined. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir it all together with a wooden spoon until just combined (it should be lumpy).
SHORTCUT – If you want to use Bisquick batter you can do that too. We love our homemade pancake batter best, but totally use pancake mix when we are in a hurry. 😉
Set the batter aside and let rest for 10 minutes while you make the cinnamon swirl mixture. It’s important to make the cinnamon swirl mixture last because it can harden. If it sits for too long and hardens, it won’t be able to swirl in the pancake batter.
CINNAMON SWIRL. In a separate bowl mix the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Transfer the mixture to a quart size zip lock bag. Cut one of the corners off.
COOK. Heat a pan/griddle over medium high heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan to make a 4 inch pancake. When the batter starts to form bubbles, use the Cinnamon Mixture to pipe a swirl on top of the pancake. Start from the center and make a swirl going outward. When swirling, don’t put it too close to the edges.
Cook the pancake until the bubbles begin to pop, about 2-3 more minutes. Using a large spatula, flip the pancake and cook another 2-3 minutes. The underside of the pancake should be a golden brown.
Repeat for each cinnamon roll pancake—you can wipe the pan between cooking each pancake if needed.
Dessert for Breakfast
When the pancakes are all cooked, top them with the cream cheese glaze! SO DELISH. Who doesn’t love a little dessert for breakfast?
If you’re looking to impress someone on their birthday or the inlaws are in town, here are some more sweet breakfast recipes:
- Quick and Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- Cinnamon Roll Cake
- Cinnamon Twists
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- Frosted Cinnamon Donut Muffins
We really hope you love these cinnamon roll pancakes as much as we do!
For more pancake recipes, check out:
- Birthday Funfetti Pancakes
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Fluffy Pancakes
- German Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Snowman Pancakes
Cinnamon Roll Pancake Recipe
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- Using a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the cream cheese. Whisk until almost smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and then add the vanilla. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients: buttermilk, milk, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Pour the Milk mixture into the four mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. (Lumps are ok to have.) Let rest for 10 minutes.
Cinnamon Swirl Mixture:
- While the batter is resting make the swirl mixture. In a separate bowl add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a quart size zip lock bag. Cut one corner off.
Cooking the Pancakes:
- Scoop the batter into a 4 inch pancake.
- When the batter starts to form bubbles use the Cinnamon Mixture to pipe a swirl on top of the pancake. Start from the center and make a swirl going outward.
- Cook until the bubbles begin to pop, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes -until the underside of the pancake is a golden brown.
- Wipe the pan, if needed, and repeat for each pancake.
- Top the pancakes with the cream cheese glaze.
- Note: Use an electric griddle to make several pancakes at a time