I don’t think I can stress this enough, but I LOVE easy and delicious recipes!! Bottom line – I LOVE food. It makes me happy. 🙂 Can you relate? Now, having professed my love for food, I admit that I go in spurts of being Betty Crocker and times when cereal is sounding pretty darn good. Fortunately, over the years I have collected quite a list of easy and delicious recipes. I definitely have my “go-to” recipes I use for our family dinners as well as the recipes I make when we are having company. Today’s recipe for Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole is going on that “go-to” list.
You guys – this recipe is one of the easiest things I’ve EVER MADE!! It reminds me of the Funeral Potatoes we’ve made for years and years but it’s even easier!! You literally mix everything together, dump it in a 9×13 and bake it!! You add some more cheese just before it’s done cooking, but I’m telling you – just FIVE (yes, 5!!) minutes of work. It does call for bacon, but you can just use pre-cooked bacon. I was so excited that it tasted amazing as well!! I know it would be the perfect side dish to any meal, and I’m thinking it would be great for Thanksgiving too.MY OTHER RECIPES
We always have potatoes as a side dish for Sunday meals and holiday dinners, so I’m glad we can use this recipe for those times. Everyone loves it.
For more potato casserole recipes, check out:
- 5 slices cooked bacon (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- salt and pepper
- 1 package frozen shredded hash browns (850 grams) - thawed
- 1 can (10 oz.) cream of chicken and mushroom
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, bacon, soup, sour cream, and 1 cup cheese. Mix until well combined and spoon into a greased 13x9 dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Take out and sprinkle on the last of the cheese and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes.