Cheesy ham and potato casserole is creamy and homey. Topped with crunchy corn flakes for the perfect side dish!
Easy + Cheesy crowd pleaser
We love a good casserole at our house! There is something just so comforting and yummy about them. Plus, they are easy to make. You basically just mix a bunch of tasty things together and bake it!
This cheesy ham and potato casserole is no exception. Whether you are using up leftover ham or bought some just for this, you are sure to love this! The potatoes are smothered in creamy goodness. The ham adds just the right amount of salty, and the corn flake topping the perfect crunch. It’s heaven.
Just mix + Bake!
PREP. Place your potatoes in a colander. Let them sit until thawed and drained.
MIX. Combine sour cream, soup and butter in a bowl. Mix it well. Add salt, onion and cheese to this mixture and mix until all combined. Add potatoes and ham to mixture and stir until all combined.
BAKE. Place in 9×13 pan. Sprinkle on butter covered crushed Corn flakes. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
- Use a bag of seasoned potatoes. I think the potatoes with bell peppers would be pretty delicious to try.
- Change up the Cheese: We used a simple cheddar cheese, but colby jack, pepper or monterey Jack would As would a Fiesta Mexican Blend.
- Veggies: broccoli, carrots, peas, corn, onions, jalapenos.
- Meat substitute the ham cubes with turkey or chicken.
- No meat and filled with cheesy veggies.
STORE leftovers by dividing the ham and potato casserole into individual serving sizes, place in freezer safe storage containers and freeze.
To make ahead of time, assemble the casserole as directed, but don’t bake. Instead, cover the pan with plastic wrap and again with foil. Label and freeze for up to 3 months.
For More tasty Casseroles, check out:
- Hamburger Casserole
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Pineapple Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Mexican Casserole
Ham and Potato Casserole Recipe
- Place your potatoes in a colander. Let them sit until thawed and drained.
- Combine sour cream, soup and butter in a bowl. Mix it well. Add salt, onion and cheese to this mixture and mix until all combined.
- Add potatoes and ham to mixture and stir until all combined. Place in 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle on butter covered crushed Corn flakes.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-50 minutes.