Hi Friends! I can’t believe it’s July already, I love July (not the heat) but because my birthday is in July! Today I am sharing this super fun Giant Bow Necklace with you. I wanted something fun and festive to wear for my birthday and what better than a giant girly bow, and since I don’t do a ton of hair accessories I figured a necklace would be perfect! I love how this piece turned out, I can’t wait to wear it! So let’s get started shall we..
– Polymer Clay
– Cutting Knife
– Paper Clip
– Rolling Pin
– DecoArt Satin Brush-On Varnish
– Jewelry Chain & Jump Rings (2 large, 2 small)
– Jewelry Pliers
This picture pretty much sums up how easy this is. I will still go through the steps though.
1. First roll some polymer in to a 1.5″ ball in your hand.
2. Lay it on a clean surface like wax paper or a cutting board and roll it out until it’s about 1/8″ thick. Trim it to a rectangle shape with your cutting knife, mine measure 6″ x 3″.
3. Then cut it so you have 4 equal pieces, at this measurement my bow is 3″ wide when done!
4. Pinch one end like shown, then fold the other end over to meet it and gently pinch them together so you have a loop.
5. When you have all 4 loops done gently smush the ends so they all meet.
6. Cut one more rectangular piece to add to the center of your bow to cover where everything meets.
7. Using your paperclip carefully place two holes for your jump rings on two opposite loops.
8. I used my paperclip to also add a slight crease to the front of my bows.
9. Bake your bow according to package instructions, I did mine for 10 minutes at 275* in my toaster over, then I brushed a light coat of satin varnish over the whole bow once it is cool.
10. Last step not pictured is to add to large jump rings to the bow where you put the two holes, then place a small jump ring on each end of your chain (mine measured 36″) and attach to the bow.
Don’t you love it? I hope you do! If your looking for another fun necklace idea be sure to check out my DIY Silhouette Pendant Necklace.
Thank you Rebecca! This is such a cute necklace!!
Be sure to go to The Crafted Sparrow for more fun projects from Rebecca, and
for more information about her please go HERE.
For more cute Jewelry tutorials, check out:
And, for a fun Kids bracelet, check this out:
For all crafts & tutorials go HERE.
For all Gift ideas go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!