I obviously think it’s so cute since I have it hanging in my home, but I also love that it is a constant reminder that
Families are FOREVER!!It also has gained more meaning for me, because I made this board for a family who I nannied for for 7 YEARS. I gave it to them for Christmas in 2008 and sadly, the following October the father of the family died instantly of a heart attack leaving behind his wife and 6 kids. Through this huge trial, they told me that this quote brought them strength and always reminded them that they would see and be with their dad/husband one day.
Since they ended up putting this quote on the funeral program, a lot of people saw it and wanted it to display in their home. I decided I would make this one of the Lil’ Luna Craft Nites so those people could make it for half the cost. We ended up making about 35 of them at last month’s craft nite and here’s how we did it…
-Paint (2 colors)
To embellish even more, you will need:
-Wood Block (3 x 11.5 inches)
1. Begin by painting your board (You can find these at Goodwill, Building & Supply Stores, Salvage Yards or the like) with craft paint. Once dry, sand edges for a distressed look if desired.
2. While board is drying, paint your wood blocks a different color so that the “FOREVER” pops out more. Let dry. (For a more embellished look, add scrapbook paper to your blocks by tracing onto the back of scrapbook paper, cutting out and mod podging to the front of the blocks.
3. Add vinyl to the center of the board with the quote.
4. Add “FOREVER” vinyl to the wood blocks.
6. Add ribbon to board, and you’ve got yourself an AMAZING Home Decor Craft that will surely be admired by everyone who sees it!