With it being Summer here in AZ, things are getting pretty HOT, and the kids aren’t as excited to play outside, so I thought it would be fun to make Homemade Gak – aka Slime (It’s something I made all the time with my cousin growing up!)
The recipe that was most similar to the one I used growing up is one I found HERE. It is so EASY and literally takes 2 minutes to make, but has provided HOURS (and I’m not even joking!), HOURS of entertainment!! Every day, for a week now, the kids have played with this gak for at least an hour each day. I’ve pulled out plastic cookie cutters and they go to town, and guess what?! I LOVE it!! It’s hardly any mess!!
For VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS on how to make slime, watch below:
Here is how you can make DIY Slime/Gak as well!
– TWO 4 oz. bottles of Elmer’s Glue
– 1 tsp. Borax (found in the laundry detergent section of the store)
– Plastic Cup
– Food Coloring
MY OTHER RECIPES
1. Gather all your supplies together.
2. Begin by emptying the two bottles of glue into a bowl. Then fill bottles with warm water and shake. Empty into your bowl.
3. Add some food coloring. I got Betty Crocker Neon Gel Food Colors and they worked FAB!! The Neon made it look awesome, but I ended up squeezing almost half the tube into the mixture because I wanted it to be really bright. 🙂 Set aside.
4. Add 1/2 cup warm water to your cup. Add 1 tsp. borax to the water and mix until borax dissolves. Then pour this into your glue bowl. Start stirring and you will notice how it starts becoming stringy. Keep mixing by using your hands and squishing around. You will notice after a few minutes that it has become pretty gelatinous.
5. Let the kids play with it for a bit and it will become the perfect GOOEY consistency!
So fun and so easy!! We have also made purple since and have pink gak in the line-up!
This is seriously the best homemade craft/project I’ve done with the kids in a long time. It doesn’t smell and get all over like other gooey substances and it’s so fun to play with! PLUS, it is super cheap to make!
Gotta love cheap entertainment! 😉
If you want to make a Glitter gak version go HERE:
PS – Turn this into an inexpensive but cute gift! For the tutorial go HERE!
For more fun kids activities: