We recently got together with some friends and I wanted to bring a last-minute treat to share with everyone.
The treat I always think of when I have little time is Rice Krispies Treats, because A) I always have the ingredients on hand and B) They are easy and yummy!!
To change things up I decided to do make them a little patriotic and did Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats. I had seen the idea on Pinterest via Cookie Madness but wanted to make my layers a lot more vibrant. I was able to do that with the right food coloring, and I LOVE how they turned out!!
It only added a few more minutes to the already quick and easy dessert, but made them look super festive and fun!!
Here is how you can do them as well:
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 package marshmallows
- 3 TB margarine or butter
- Food coloring (red and blue – I like Betty Crocker Gel Food Colors)
1. Gather your supplies and divide the rice krispies and marshmallows in three for the three layers.
2. I like to microwave my marshmallows because it’s easier. I stick them in for a few minutes or until they start to get big and almost touch the top of the microwave. Take them out, stir well and add the food coloring. Then add the 2 cups of Rice Krispies and stir well. Press into well greased 9×9. I wanted mine more thick so I used a 9×9 (8×8 would work as well).
3. Do this for all 3 layers starting with the blue, then white and then red. Pat down all layers really well using wax paper.
4. Let set for a bit, then cut, serve and enjoy!
So festive and fun for the fourth. And best of all – EASY!!
For more Rice Krispies creations:
This Post is Brought to you by: