In the summertime, I am always craving fruits and anything fruity. My favorite fruit of all would have to be STRAWBERRIES. They are just so sweet and juicy I’m not sure how anyone couldn’t like them. With it being summer and me craving some strawberries I’ve concocted a few Strawberry sweets I will be sharing with you over the next few days. The first one is today’s Strawberry Gooey Butter Cake (or bars)!!
I’ve made these “gooey” recipes a ton in the past but had never tried a strawberry version. With some cream cheese and strawberry cake mix, these bars turned out so delicious and were so easy to make. Really, with all the different cake mixes there are, there are endless gooey recipes you can make!
We love how these bars turned out!! You can even leave the strawberries off if you want them less fruity.
Strawberry Gooey Butter Cake:
Strawberry Gooey Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 8 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- sliced strawberries
- Grease a 9x13 pan and turn oven to 325.
- Blend cake mix, 1 egg and butter until smooth. Press into your greased 9x13 pan.
- Blend cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Spread over your the first mixture in your pan.
- Bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until edges are golden brown (middle may sink in a bit).
- Top with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries.
For more Ooey Gooey Goodness check out these recipes:
For even more gooey recipes, check out: