Disney week continues, and today I’m excited to share yet another recipe with all of you!!
I had heard so much about the “Be Our Guest” restaurant at Disney World that I knew we HAD to try it. I mean, who knows if/when we’ll ever go back and I wanted to make sure we could go and enjoy the amazing atmosphere and delicious food. We went there our first morning at Magic Kingdom, and it was FANTASTIC!!! The decor is something to want to see on it’s own and then add in the delicious food, and you’ll definitely be enjoying yourself. Not a surprise, but our food was amazing, and I found myself wanting to order a little bit of everything. Unfortunately, we didn’t do that, but everything we tried was so tasty, and I wish we could have explored the restaurant even more. One item that a ton of people go there for is the “Grey Stuff.” Remember that from the song??
Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious! Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!!
Leave it to Disney’s awesome-ness to realize that they needed to come up with a delicious recipe for the grey stuff, and they did!! It’s a cool, Oreo-filled dessert that everyone loves! I was able to find a copycat recipe and made it for the kiddos the other week, and they loved it! My husband was a little sad I hadn’t made more and was eating it by the spoonfuls out of the bowl in the fridge hoping I wouldn’t catch him. 😉
If you’re looking to make a yummy treat for the family I recommend making this “Grey Stuff” recipe. I told the kids we’d make it again and watch “Beauty & The Beast” before it. The kids were stoked!! And if you can’t make it to Disney, you can at least try this amazing treat at home. 😉
- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1½ cups milk
- 15 Oreos
- 1 small tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
- 2 TB Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place Oreos in a food processor and blend until they become crumbs.
- Mix the crushed Oreos in with the pudding mixture and mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and chocolate pudding mix until well combined and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, place "grey stuff" in a piping bag and add a dollop to the middle and then pipe a spiral around it. Top with sprinkles.
Recipe from The Disney Diner.
We crushed our Oreos in the Ninja and it turned them into the perfect crumbs!!
You can crush yours on your own in a Ziploc bag but the processor does really well to get it very fine. 😉
You also don’t have to pipe it all pretty onto a plate, but that’s what they do at the restaurant. They also use edible pearls as the sprinkles which are a little bigger. 😉
For more great Disney recipes, be sure to check these out:
Stay tuned for even more Disney Tips and recipes this week!
For all Copycat recipes go HERE.
For all recipes on the site go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂