Disney World’s “Grey Stuff” recipe!! It’s so easy to make and so delicious. Tastes just like the recipe from the Be Our Guest restaurant. So smooth and made with vanilla and chocolate pudding mix, milk, cool whip, and Oreos and topped with sprinkles!!
Beauty & The Beast’s “Grey Stuff”
Disney World is amazing! Not only are the rides and shows awesome, but so is the food!
One of the most popular restaurants there is “Be Our Guest” at Magic Kingdom. We knew we’d have to try, and I’m so glad we did. The decor and atmosphere were amazing, and the food was delicious.
We had hear that we HAD to try the “Grey Stuff” (it’s delicious – don’t believe me? Ask the dishes!) It ended up being one of my kids’ favorites treats, so I knew we had to recreate it at home. I”m happy to report that it tastes JUST like it.
It’s a cool, Oreo-filled dessert that everyone loves! If you’re looking to make a yummy treat for the family I recommend making this “Grey Stuff” recipe. I told the kids we’d make it again and watch “Beauty & The Beast” before it. The kids were stoked!! And if you can’t make it to Disney, you can at least try this amazing treat at home. 😉
How to Make the Grey Stuff
To make this treat, begin by combining the pudding mix and milk. Whisk well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
While pudding is setting up, place Oreos in a food processor (we used our Ninja) and blend until fine. Mix the crushed Oreos in the pudding mix and mix well.
Fold in the whipped cream (or Cool Whip) and chocolate pudding mix until well combined and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
When ready to serve, place the “grey stuff” in a piping bag and add a dollop to the middle and then pipe around in a spiral around it. Top with sprinkles or candy pearls
- Don’t remove the filling from the Oroeos. They won’t make the oreos paste like, instead the filling distributes nicely and sweetens the finely chopped oreo crumbs.
- Do not make the pudding according to the box, you will only be using the pudding powder.
- To help the piped swirls stay firm, place the mixture into the piping bag, then put i it into the freezer for 15-30 minutes, then pipe.
How to Serve and store
Ways to serve: I really love the look of the piped grey stuff on a pretty plate. It’s unique and eye catching, however, you can easily serve it in many other ways and pair it with other desserts. Here are a few ideas:
- Pipe the grey stuff into individual cups such a s small clear plastic cups. Pretty tea cups would also be fun to use. Another idea is to use sturdy decorative cupcake liners
- Pipe onto brownie squares, sugar cookies, or shortbread cookies.
- Use it as a dip for cookies and other sweet treats.
- Put a dollop on top of ice cream
- Use the grey stuff as a filling for a cookie sandwich
- Place in an oreo or graham cracker pie crust
- Filling for cupcakes, donuts, and other desserts. Just keep them refrigerated.
Storage: This recipe is similar to our oreo dirt cake, which still tastes fantastic when made a day before serving. Be sure to cover the bowl and store in the fridge. Give it a nice mix before putting the grey stuff in a piping bag or serving bowl.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Though, at my house, it’s always eaten within a day or two!
For more great Disney recipes, check out:
Grey Stuff Recipe
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 15 oreos
- 8 oz cool whip
- 2 tbsp chocolate pudding mix
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk well and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place Oreos in a food processor and blend until they become crumbs.
- Mix the crushed Oreos in with the pudding mixture and mix well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and chocolate pudding mix until well combined and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
- When ready to serve, place "grey stuff" in a piping bag and add a dollop to the middle and then pipe a spiral around it. Top with sprinkles.
Recipe from The Disney Diner.