Super cute and simple Mickey Mouse Cupcakes perfect for you next Disney party! Super soft and moist – made with a black & white cupcake mix, frosting and Oreos for ears!!
Quick + Easy Disney Cupcakes
You should know by now that we are ALL about easy recipes… especially if they’re treats.
Today’s recipe happens to be our favorite Disney cupcake because they are beyond simple. You make chocolate cupcakes, and then add frosting to the top and add Oreos for ears. Looks just like Mickey Mouse! The recipe was fun and delicious!
To make it even more simple, I used Betty Crocker’s Black & White Cupcake mix – I used two of them to make 2 dozen cupcakes.
How to Make Mickey Cupcakes
Either way you do it, we do recommend adding some powdered sugar to the frosting if you use the canned version to make it a little more stiff to pipe onto the cupacake. Just add your frosting to a piping bag (I used a 1M Wilton Tip). Add some frosting to the middle and the pipe all around starting at the edge and ending at the top of your initial dollop.
Then, add your Oreos to either side. So simple!
Want to make these in advance? No problem! Store it, unfrosted, in an airtight container for 2-3 days at room temperature, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Frosting can be stored separately in the fridge for 3-4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months (in an air-tight, freezer-safe container). When ready to have, thaw and give it a good whipping before frosting the cupcake.
Oreos should be stored in their carton until ready to use.
For some Disney recipes, check out:
Mickey Mouse Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker's Black and White Cupcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- Frosting pouch
- 2 tsp water
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 24 Oreos
- Make cupcakes as directions stated on box (blend mix, 2 eggs, water and oil and pour into liners).
- Bake at 350 for 18-23 minutes. Let cool.
- Wait to make frosting when close to serving.
- For frosting I added ½ cup powdered sugar and a tablespoon of milk and blended it with the frosting pourch, water and softened butter.
- Add frosting to piping bag with 1M Wilton tip and pipe on cupcakes.
- Add sprinkles and Oreos.