Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE breakfast foods? They’re my FAVORITE!!
Unfortunately, I feel like we don’t have as much time in the morning to enjoy all the delicious breakfast recipes, but thankfully we have them for dinner quite often. We usually try to make breakfast at least on Saturdays since it’s a day we usually have a little more time, but I wish we could do it even more often. We do have some quick breakfast treats we like to make and today I’m sharing one of those simple, fast recipes.
Today’s recipe is for Avocado Bacon and Eggs. I had first seen them on The View from in Here and knew I’d love them because I’m quite obsessed with avocados. I made a few changes and have found a new favorite recipe the hubby and I enjoy in the mornings. The combination of the avocado with the cheese, bacon and eggs makes for a simple but filling breakfast that I think you will enjoy too. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 medium Avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 TB of low-fat cheese
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Begin by cutting the avocado in half and removing the pit.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado so it's a tad bigger than your egg and yolk. Place in a muffin pan to keep the avocado stable while cooking.
- Crack your egg and add it to the inside of your avocado. Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a pinch of salt. Top with cooked bacon.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from HERE.
Mmmm! I admit that I sometimes eat an avocado for breakfast or even for lunch, but eating it with the cooked egg, cheese and bacon in the middle is even better!
For more great breakfast recipes we love to make, check out these savory recipes (along with a few sweet ones too)…
Man, I love a great breakfast recipe!
For all the breakfast recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my ebook!