Spring is in the air and that means it is time to get some spring onto your table as well!
The perk of shopping seasonally is that the produce is great quality, extra delicious, and normally on sale. You can’t beat that. So when you are out and about take notice of the spring vegetables: peas (sugar snap and snow peas), brussel sprouts, beets, and asparagus are all in season right now. These aren’t the most common or popular vegetables out there, but I have a recipe for you today that will make a believer out of you. Simply roasting the veggies at a high temperature with a little oil and salt makes the phenomenal.
Roasting them brings out the natural sugar in the vegetables so that they taste extra sweet. My kids call roasted peas “green pea candy”. And if you think you aren’t a fan of brussel sprouts or beets, you just haven’t had them prepared right! I promise they are delicious this way. The veggies stay tender-crisp and aren’t at all mushy like they get when cooked other ways. Plus, it’s so easy!
Looking for a quick and easy side to Easter? This would be perfect! Enjoy!
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed
- ½ pound brussel sprouts, trimmed
- ½ pound sugar snap peas
- 2-4 beets, washed, peeled, and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste (at least 1 teaspoon)
- Preheat the oven to 450 to 475 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl add the prepared vegetables, half the oil, and s few good shakes of salt. Toss to coat the veggies well with the olive oil. Spread the vegetable in a single layer on the parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle the other half of the oil on top of the vegetables on the pan and give them another good sprinkle of salt.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are fork tender and starting to char on the edges.
- Serve right away.
And if you are in the mood for even more fun, I’ve been busy since I was last here.
Here are a few of my favorite posts of late:
1.Lightened Up Spinach Bacon Quiche – Delicious!
2. DIY Instagram Photo Display – I turned an old wood screen door into an awesome photo display! Come check out how to make one of your own.
3. Homemade Cherry Chip Cupcakes – Oh,my gosh these were SO good and super pretty
4.Quick, easy and cute – Spring Snack Mix
Thanks so much for having me Kristyn and all you Lil Luna Lovelies. It’s always so much fun to share a little bit of what I’m up to here.
Enjoy and have a stupendous spring!
Oh my, oh my!! These Roasted Spring Vegetables look AMAZING!!!
Can’t wait to give them a try! Thank you, Melissa!
For more recipes from Melissa here on the site, check out:
For all Side Dish recipes go HERE.
For more great recipes be sure to check them out HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.