This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Cups are simple to make, and packed full of delicious spinach and cheese flavor! They are baked to perfection.
Spinach Artichoke Wonton Cups
Who here loves the Spinach and Artichoke combo? We’ve loved artichoke dip for as long as I can remember and were excited to try out a new recipe with the dip in cup form.
We’ve been using wonton wrappers for recipes (such as our Cream Cheese wontons and Caesar Salad Wonton Cup), but to fill them with cheese and spinach and artichoke hearts and peppers made them irresistible. In fact, this has become one of our favorite appetizers.
These cups would great even as a side to any dinner. We decided we’d most likely make them for New Years Eve since it’s a night where we make and eat only appetizers.
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Cups
This appetizer recipe is quite simple to make.
PREP. Preheat oven to 350.
WRAPPER. Add one wonton wrapper to greased muffin pan and spray olive oil spray on top. Bake for 5 minutes.
FILLING. In a medium bowl, mix artichoke hearts, cheese, spinach, mayo, garlic and peppers until well combined.
BAKE. Spoon into wonton cups and bake 12-14 minutes. ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
Get ‘em while they’re hot! Well, warm anyway. These are definitely best served right away – warm from the oven. Because of the delicious cheesy mixture, the cups don’t tend to last too long as they will start to get soggy.
- This recipe calls for 10 oz. of spinach – which is equal to one box that you will find in the frozen vegetable section of your favorite store.
- A handy way to wring out the spinach is to wrap it in a few layers of paper towels and then wring it out or press it out into a colander.
- Artichoke hearts sold in a jar are best for this recipe, but canned can also be used if needed.
- Be gentle when putting the wonton wrappers in the muffin tins – you don’t want them to tear.
Make them your own! You can definitely add some extra ingredients to personalize these tasty treats.
- Add some cayenne pepper to spice them up! We suggest starting with ⅛ tsp., but you can add more to taste.
- Add some cooked ground sausage, chopped up bacon, or even finely chopped ham
- Add some cooked mushrooms, onions, or any other vegetable that you love.
Make ahead of time: If you’re wanting to get a jump start on your party – you can definitely start by making these ahead of time. Simply bake the cups, let them cool, and then seal in a Ziploc bag for up to 24 hours in advance. Make the spinach artichoke mixture beforehand too and store it in an airtight container for up to 24 hours in advance. Just place the shells back in the muffin tin when you’re ready and fill and bake.
For more spinach and artichoke recipes, check out:
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- Spinach Dip Bites
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Bread
- Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese
Spinach Artichoke Cups Recipe
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 14 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1 cup italian blend cheese
- 10 oz spinach frozen, thawed and drained, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red peppers chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add one wonton wrapper to greased muffin pan and spray olive oil spray on top. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix artichoke hearts, cheese, spinach, mayo, garlic and peppers until well combined.
- Spoon into wonton cups and bake 12-14 minutes. ENJOY!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.