There are SOOO many foods I love to eat around the holidays.
One of those is: Puppy Chow Mix – LOVE it!
It’s family favorite and I wanted to share our version of it with you today because it’s just one of those snacks that is made easily and is perfect for ANY get together, party, or holiday!
PUPPY CHOW MIX RECIPE:
This is such an easy recipe – I think you’ll love it!
- 9 c chex (any variety)
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ c peanut butter
- ½ c butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ c powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal, set aside.
- In 1 quart sauce pan, heat chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter over low heat stirring frequently until melted.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Pour into two gallon resealable plastic bags.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Seal bag and shake until well coated.
- Spread over waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
Isn’t powdered sugar so yummy? Combine that with peanut butter and chocolate and chex and you have this crowd favorite!
If you love Chex Mix you may also like this White Chocolate these versions:
And if we’re not having Puppy Chow we love White Chocolate M&M Popcorn – another fav treat!