I LOVE Snickerdoodles and was super excited when my new SIL made some Snickerdoodle Bars for Easter. The hubby was even more excited! He said they were just the right amount of sweet.
Well, I asked if she would share the recipe and she was happy to do so. I hope you like them as much as we did…
They look DELISH, don’t they?
Here is the recipe…
- 2½ cups flour
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 1¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 TB sugar
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 TB milk
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 9x13 pan. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter until cream. Beat in sugars. Gradually beat eggs and vanilla until combined on low speed. Beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon ½ the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture (1TB of each) evenly over batter.
- Spoon teaspoons of remaining batter evenly over cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl stir glaze ingredients (1 cup powdered sugar, 1-2 TB milk, ½ tsp. vanilla) until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over bars. Enjoy!
I’m wishing I had some right about now….
For more great bar recipes we love, check out:
Thanks for the sharing the recipe, Karlie! 😀
For all dessert ideas go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.
Pictures for this recipe were re-taken by contributor, Alicia, of The Baker Upstairs.