Creamy Chicken Salad with Grapes is filled with texture and flavor. It’s chunky, filling, and mixes up in a snap!
This creamy and chunky Chicken Salad with Grapes is one of my faves. It’s delicious, filling, and SO good. It’s perfectly hearty all on it’s own, or is a great filling for a sandwich or on a bed of lettuce.
Chicken Salad Recipe with Grapes is perfect for picnics, just make sure to keep it chilled. Check out below for some great tips!
Easy chicken salad with grapes
PREP. Chop cooked chicken into small cubes. Also chop celery and put aside.
DRESSING. Make dressing by whipping heavy whipping cream. Add lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper and mix together.
COMBINE + SERVE. Add chicken, celery, parsley, almonds and halved grapes. Stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
This recipe calls for chopped chicken, but will also work with shredded chicken. It all depends on your preference.
CROCK POT CHICKEN. Either way I like to cook large portions of chicken in my crock pot using this Shredded Chicken Recipe. After the chicken is cooked and has cooled a little I’ll shred or chop it, then divide it into 1 cup portions. From there I like to store them in the freezer. This way I always have some on hand.
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN. If you don’t have time to use a slow cooker you can easily make Oven Baked Chicken. You can also buy pre-packaged chopped chicken in the refrigerator section at the grocery store. Another idea is to use rotisserie chicken or even canned chicken.
Variations + Serving Ideas
Not only can you change up some of the ingredients that you mix into this salad you can easily change up the way it is served making this recipe one that you won’t tire of very easily.
- Fruit: Mix in dried Cranberries, raisins, or diced apples for some extra crunch.
- Onions: Add chopped green onions or red onions.
- Nuts: Use other sliced nuts such as pecans or walnuts.
- Turkey: Replace the chicken with turkey.
- Mayo Sub: Substitute the mayonnaise with Greek yogurt or light sour cream (it will have a slightly different taste).
You can eat the salad plain, or you can make it into a sandwich. Here are all the serving ideas:
- Wrap the salad in a tortilla or Bibb lettuce.
- Serve on a Croissant. It’s especially delicious if you cut and toast the croissant before filling it.
- It works well on regular sandwich bread, in pita bread or simply eaten out of a bowl with a fork.
- Spread it on crackers.
Storing + Serving Tips
Make ahead of time: This recipe keeps in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. This makes it a great recipe to whip up for a party or even to have ready made for some quick and easy lunches.
STORE leftovers in the fridge for 3 days as long as it has not been sitting out for too long.
Keeping it Cold: Chicken salad is famous for making an appearance at any type of party from baby showers to barbeques. You do have to be careful not to leave it setting out for too long.
If it’s left out at room temperature it can keep for 2 hours, but if it is 90 degrees or higher it can only last for 60 minutes.
- If you need to transport the salad, it is best to do so in a cold cooler with ice.
- Only set out as much as can be eaten within 30 minutes.
- If the chicken salad is being served in a bowl. I suggest nestling the bowl of salad inside of a bigger bowl with ice (This will help keep it cool, but you still need to follow the temperature guidelines).
For more Sandwich Salads:
Chicken Salad with Grapes Recipe
- 4 cups chicken chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds sliced
- 1/2 cup green grapes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half
- Chop chicken into small cubes. Also chop celery and put aside.
- Make dressing by whipping heavy whipping cream. Add lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Add chicken, celery, parsley, almonds and halved grapes. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.