Hi Lil’Luna readers!! I’m Gina from Kleinworth & Co. where I share favorite family recipes, crafts with the kids & occasional photography tips & tricks.
I’m beyond thrilled to be here today. I adore this beautiful space Kristyn has created here & I feel honored to be able to share a family favorite here. You see – I have a love for those giant double chocolate chip muffins you see in the market. Every time we shop I see them & use every ounce of willpower to not pick them up. I keep telling myself that I will make my own & then I never seem to get around to it. Well – this past week I finally made them & I am oh so happy I did. I definitely went a little overboard with the chocolate but it certainly made them exactly what I had been hoping for. Besides- can you ever really have too much chocolate??
If you are a choc-o-holic…these are the muffins for you.
The back story here is, for nearly a year I have been on a “no processed food for breakfast” for the family. This basically means that if it comes in a box or is ready to eat- they have not had it for breakfast. I have made them some sort of baked bread, muffin or donut to go with their fruit & milk in the mornings & I’m loving that we have cut out preservatives for at least one meal of the day. Often times they get a lot of banana bread just because I’m tight on time & usually have bananas on the counter that are well beyond their prime. The kids are okay with that as I usually add in a little surprise like a new nut or dates to the bread to change things up a little. I do really try to keep things on the healthier side for the weekdays. I do my green smoothies all week long & so by the time the weekend comes- I’m ready for something like these muffins to put a little extra sparkle in my day. They are a hit.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for sprinkling on top
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2-2/3 cup milk
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chocolate jimmies
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare 32 muffin tins with paper wrappers or cooking spray.
- In large bowl - combine all dry ingredients except chocolate jimmies
- In separate bowl- combine liquid ingredients & whisk until incorporated & egg yolks are broken.
- Fold into dry ingredients - don't over mix but make sure you don't have any dry spots.
- Spoon batter into prepared tins about ¾ of the way full.
- Sprinkle on additional chocolate chips & chocolate jimmies.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until toothpick test is clean.
- Cool in tins about 10 minutes before moving to wire rack to continue cooling completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.
I’m telling you- these are the perfect little something to have with your morning coffee or tea. They certainly perk up my weekends & the family has already asked that I make these on a fairly regular basis. It always makes me happy when I make something they want again & again.
You know you want some!
Want more muffin recipes?
Thank you so much Kristyn for having me today. It’s been such a pleasure.
Oh my heavens – these look delicious!! Chocolate Muffins are my favorite!
Thank you for the delicious recipe, Gina!
Be sure to go to Kleinworth & Co. for more delicious recipes from Gina.
For more great muffins be sure to check out:
For all Breakfast recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂