Hi everyone. It’s our goal here with Tried and True to bring you easy, yummy, and unique recipes. This Easy Chicken Alfredo Soup fits under easy, yummy, and definitely under the unique category! Its all the great flavors of your favorite Chicken Alfredo recipe, mixed up a in a creamy, warm soup. Does it get any better than that? Nope! Not really! Unless its chocolate 🙂
We’ve always loved Chicken Alfredo for dinner but were excited to try a recipe for a soup version. Yes, we know – we are mildly obsessed with soup recipes in the fall so why not turn one of our favorite dinner recipes into one of our new, favorite soup recipes? This particular recipe was simple and perfect to enjoy during the cooler months. With the pasta/chicken/alfredo flavors, it’s hard not to like this soup!
If you love simple soups that are packed full of flavor, we highly suggest try this recipe. It’s hearty and so delicious. 😀
For more yummy chicken soup recipes, check out:
Easy Chicken Alfredo Soup:
Cheesy Chicken Alfredo Soup
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half
- 9 oz tortellini
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil for garnish
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook chicken for 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add flour and whisk 2-3 minutes, until golden. Add chicken broth and half/half. Let simmer 15 minutes, until thickened.
- Add tortellini to pot and cook 10 minutes, until al dente. Add diced chicken and season with crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Garnish with basil. Serve warm.
Adapted from www.delish.com