DELICIOUS Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a family favorite that we’ve enjoyed for years!! Your crock pot does all the work – just add your stew meat, carrots, potatoes, mushroom soup, water, and onion mix!
hearty and simple slow cooker stew
Hey guys! Kellyn here, with another mouth watering Tried and True recipe. Today’s delicious-ness is warm, chunky and super duper simple!
This is one of those recipes that we got from the sister of a friend of a friend of a friend years ago (my mom has been making this since we were little). I think that automatically makes it good, since its been passed to friends so many times. 🙂
We love it for the chunks of beef, carrots and potatos. Oh yeah – it’s also great because it’ SIMPLE!! You pretty much throw everything in the crock pot and let it cook.
Chop, throw, and go!
The only prep work this slow cooker beef stew really requires is chopping all of the vegetables, and cubing the meat. From there, you throw it all in the crock pot with just THREE other ingredients (mushroom soup, water, and onion soup mix), and let it cook!
Simple as that!
Tips and variations:
- If you like, you can sear your meat in a pan on each side before cubing it. This will give it a nice seared flavor and more crisp outside.
- The best kind of potatoes to use are red potatoes or yukon gold. But any kind will do!
- If you don’t like cream of mushroom soup, you can try something like cream of beef or cream of potato. It will have a slightly different flavor!
- Top off your soup with some fresh parsley before serving!
Beef stew is a great soup for freezing. Simply place soup (completely cooled) into freezer bags or storage containers. Keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to use it, either thaw in the fridge overnight or heat on the stovetop.
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Recipes like this slow cooker beef stew make me want to grab a blanket and turn on “While you were sleeping,” Right? Just me? (Ok, anything makes me want to watch that movie!)
Well, movie or no movie, this stew is truly awesome. And with just a few simple steps, it’ll be in your crock pot and ready for dinner in no time!
For more slow cooker soups, try:
Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
- 3 lbs stew meat uncooked (we used chuck roast and cubed it ourselves)
- 12 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 package carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package onion soup mix
Add all ingredients to your crock pot.
Cook on low for approx 6 hours. ENJOY!