Sometimes I am asked to do something that is hard for me to do…. like write a gushing post about broccoli. Its not a secret that broccoli and I are not friends. But I understand that, above the age of 8, I am in the minority. So, I’ve gathered everyone else’s input on this recipe and can give you a true, non-biased, opinion from those that actually tried it. 🙂
The consensus? It’s awesome!
Today’s Strawberry Broccoli Salad was a breeze to throw together and is perfect for the summer. In all honestly, I did try a few strawberries and cheese chunks, and can attest to the delicious dressing each piece is coated with. If you’re a normal person and like broccoli, my sources tell me that you should definitely try this recipe. I will admit that I do love asparagus and may try that instead of broccoli next time. I think it would be great with the cheese, strawberries and delicious dressing. Give this broccoli salad recipe a go yourself and let me know what you think. Our family loved it and has already made plans to make it again!
Strawberry Broccoli Salad recipe:
Strawberry Broccoli Salad
- 8 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz colby jack cheese cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries quartered
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
Mix broccoli and cheese together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli and toss to coat. Carefully stir in cut up strawberries; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 10
- ANY CHANGES MADE: added more sugar, used 2 tsp white vinegar, instead of 1 apple cider
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
This is another summer salad favorite:
And for even more salad recipes, check out:
- Spicy Watermelon and Avocado Salad
- Lemon Poppyseed Salad
- Crispy Chicken Cobb Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM: