Fall fruit salad is bursting with vibrant seasonal fruit dressed in a bright honey, orange, and poppy seed dressing!
Fresh + Vibrant
This fresh and vibrant fall fruit salad incorporates the flavors of the season for a tasty side. Apples of course are a fall staple which I included in with our AZ citrus. You can use green apples, gala apples, pink lady, fuji, honeycrisp, granny smith or a combination.
Really you can use any fruit that you may find at the grocery store, but the seasonal fruit will taste the best and be the most flavorful. And the poppy seed dressing really brings all of this fruit together!
Making fall fruit salad
It’s beyond easy to do, which makes the recipe even better!
DRESSING. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
FRUIT. Add the fruit for the salad to a large bowl.
TOSS. Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss.
So simple, right!?
Add a bit of crunch to the salad with seeds or nuts such as:
- Chopped Pecans
- Chopped Walnuts
- Slivered Almonds
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, raspberries
- Citrus: Clementines, mandarin oranges
Include what is in season or what you have in your fridge.
Tips + Storing Info
Zest: Whenever a recipe calls for zest they are referring to the peel of citrus fruit that has been finely grated. You can buy a “zester” or simply use the smaller side of a cheese grater.
Make ahead of time: Make this fall fruit salad the day before and keep it stored in the fridge. The citrus from the orange will help keep the apples from browning.
STORE leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. It may last even longer but the fruits will not be quite as firm and fresh.
Find more healthy snacks here:
Fall Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed orange juice
- zest one orange
- 1 tbsp honey or more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1 orange peeled and sliced
- 1 medium pineapple peeled, cored, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small bunch seedless grapes cut grapes in half; about 2 cups
- 2 apples cubed
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the fruit for the salad to a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss.