The BEST breakfast to wake up to! Thick slices of French toast stuffed with a delicious strawberry and cream cheese filling.
We always serve our stuffed stuffed french toast with a little powdered sugar, a few fresh berries, and warm maple syrup. You could also serve it with Scrambled eggs, Bacon in the oven, and Breakfast Sausage.
Stuffed with goodness
When I saw this recipe for stuffed french toast, I knew I had to try it.
Cream cheese and strawberries in the middle of french toast…YUM! All of my favorite flavors covered in syrup. This is a breakfast dish that I could never say ‘no’ to! When I made this recipe there was not one bite left on the plate.
I love a classic French toast recipe, but this cream cheese strawberry stuffed french toast brings it up a notch. We love eating ours with fresh berries on the side and maple syrup poured on top. You’re going to love this easy recipe so much, it just might become your new go-to breakfast dish!
How to Make Stuffed French Toast
Follow these simple steps for the best stuffed french toast you’ll ever eat!
FILLING. Mix together the cream cheese, brown sugar, strawberry jam and chopped strawberries in a small bowl.
SANDWICH. Take one piece of sliced bread and spread a tablespoon of the cream mixture on it. Then put another slice of bread on top to make a sandwich. Set aside while you make the dipping mixture.
COATING. Grab a casserole dish and beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla together. Dip each side of the stuffed bread in the cinnamon/milk mixture. Make sure the bread is coated evenly with the milk mixture.
COOK. Cook the bread on each side for about 4 minutes on a hot skillet with melted butter.
Best Bread + VARIATIONS
The best bread for stuffed french toast is any thick sliced bread.
- Texas toast
- French baguette slices
- sourdough loaf
- Brioche (a sweet French pastry bread)
Can you make this with Mascarpone cheese? Mascarpone cheese is an Italian cream cheese with an acidic taste to it. It’s delicious in both sweet and savory dishes. Stuffed french toast with mascarpone cheese is super tasty! Just substitute mascarpone cheese for the same amount of cream cheese.
MORE FILLING OPTIONS
There are almost endless possibilities with what you could fill stuffed french toast with! Here are some yummy filling ideas:
- Nutella and chopped strawberries
- Nutella and chopped bananas
- peanut butter
- mascarpone cheese and chocolate chips
- cream cheese, cinnamon and sugar
- Nutella and walnuts or pecans
- different flavored jams
For more French Toast recipes:
- Creme Brûlée French Toast
- Easy French Toast
- Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
- Overnight French Toast
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- French Toast Bake
Stuffed French Toast Recipe
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, strawberry jam and chopped strawberries in a small bowl.
- Spread a few tablespoons of the cream mixture onto a slice of bread. Press another piece onto the bread to make a sandwich.
- Beat eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a casserole dish. Dip each side of the sandwich into the egg mixture, making sure the egg mixture covers the entire sandwich.
- Melt butter onto a skillet or griddle and cook sandwiches on the skillet for about 4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and syrup.