These Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are one of the BEST pumpkin breakfast recipes! They’re so quick and easy to make, there’s no reason not to try these delicious french toast sticks! Each bite is filled with cinnamon, sugar, & just the right amount of pumpkin!
Kid-Friendly Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
I know it seems a little early for pumpkin, but fall is right around the corner! We’re always looking for new tasty breakfast ideas, especially for weekend mornings. These pumpkin french toast sticks were a total hit with the family. They’re drenched in a pumpkin spice egg mixture and rolled in cinnamon sugar. What’s not to love? Little hands will love dunking these in maple or buttered pecan syrup- yum!
MY LATEST VIDEOS
The key to making really good french toast sticks is to use stale bread and cut it EXTRA thick. If you don’t have time to let your bread dry out that’s totally fine. You can always cut it up into sticks and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. It’s a quick trick that will yield a similar result. That way you won’t end up with soggy, droopy french toast.
How to Make Pumpkin French Toast Sticks:
- Start by drying out your bread. If you don’t have time, cut it up into sticks and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Melt a small amount of butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients to create the pumpkin spice egg mixture.
- Dip the bread in the mixture, coating both sides, and then place on the hot skillet. Cook each side for about 2 minutes until golden brown.
- While the french toast sticks are cooking, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small rectangular baking dish and set aside.
- Remove the fully cooked french toast sticks from the skillet and immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve hot with maple syrup or buttered pecan syrup.
For regular Pumpkin French Toast
If you want to make full slices of French toast rather than sticks, follow all of the same steps, aside from cutting the slices of bread into thirds. The full bread slices may need to cook slightly longer on each side. If the outsides are browning quickly, but the inside is still soggy, turn the heat down and cook on each side a little bit longer.
What we loved about this recipe is that we already had the ingredients on hand AND it only took 15 minutes to whip up! Quick, easy and super delicious! This is a recipe you’ve gotta try for yourself!
For more yummy breakfast recipes, check out:
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Bites
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Berries and Cream Blender Crepes
- French Toast Muffin Cups
Pumpkin French Toast Sticks
These Pumpkin French Toast Sticks are so quick and easy to make, there's no reason not to try them! Each bite is filled with cinnamon, sugar, & just the right amount of pumpkin!
- 1 loaf french bread or brioche cut into 1" thick slices, then into thirds
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Set a large non-stick skillet set over medium heat, add a small amount of butter and melt.
In a small rectangular baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Dip the bread into the mixture, flip sides and then place on the hot skillet. Cook until each side is golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, in a small rectangular baking dish, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
Remove the fully cooked french toast sticks from the skillet and immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve hot with maple syrup or buttered pecan syrup.
Thank you Natalie for sharing this super delicious recipe! I can’t wait to try these! Go check out more yummy recipes from Natalie at Life Made Simple.