Delicious Black Bean Dip is so cheesy and perfectly shareable. Best part is it only takes 5 minutes of prep!!
Portable and delicious!!
We love Mexican food at this house. And when it comes to snack time we often lean towards that cuisine because it’s quick, easy, and SO good! A favorite snack is all things dippable. We love dips, both sweet and savory.
The recipe I want to share today is a Cheesy Black Bean dip. Like I said, we’re huge dippers in our family so the kids were excited to have a yummy snack that is nice and portable.
It’s perfect to take on adventures to the park, or as an afternoon snack. It would also be great for any get together or celebration. It is SO easy to make and ended up being so cheesy and delicious.
Black Bean Dip
PREP. Preheat oven to 325.
COMBINE. Blend together black beans, sour cream, cream cheese, green chilies and salsa in food processor until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of cheese and pour into baking dish.
BAKE. Top with ½ – 1 cup more cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Take off foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
SERVE. Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and olives. Serve warm and ENJOY!
Tips, Variations + Storing Info
- Any type of tortilla chip would be a great pick-
- White corn
- Blue corn
- Tostitos scoops
- Frito chips are another great choice.
- Ritz or other savory cracker
- You could also use carrot or celery sticks or carrots.
- Rolled in a tortilla
Spicier: You can add in seeded and chopped jalapenos for more spice. You could also use a spicier salsa to up both the spice level and flavor.
Blender: If you don’t have a food processor you can easily use a blender. If your blender isn’t very powerful you will have to do small batches to get everything to break up before you combine it all together again.
STORE leftover dip covered in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Serve warm or cold!
To make ahead: Since this dip lasts awhile you can make it ahead of time and keep it stored until you’re ready to heat and serve.
To FREEZE: Let it cool completely after baking before placing it in a freezer safe container and tightly covering it. It should last for about 2 months in the freezer. Let it thaw in the fridge overnight and either rewarm it, covered, in the oven.
Other great dips:
- Crockpot spinach artichoke dip
- Crockpot buffalo dip
- French onion dip
- Tamale dip
- 7 Layer Bean Dip
- Queso Blanco
Black Bean Dip Recipe
- 30 oz black beans (2 cans) rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups light sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 small can green chilies
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Mexican cheese
- cilantro chopped
- grape tomatoes chopped
- olives sliced
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Blend together black beans, sour cream, cream cheese, green chilies and salsa in food processor until smooth. Fold in 1 cup of cheese and pour into baking dish.
- Top with ½ - 1 cup more cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take off foil and bake an additional 15 minutes. Top with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and olives.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!